Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #65
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Wednesday, April 8 1998       Volume 03 : Number 065

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 02:51:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T11

On Tue, 7 Apr 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > For trick 11, I lead the Three of Spades.
> 
> Four of Spades.  This trick is mine!

King of Spades.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 03:45:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: AC: Round 9 ends, Round 10 start.

Results for Round 9 of Abstract Crescent:

1: /dev/joe
10: else...if
11: The Gingham Wearer
14: IdiotBoy
19: Alfvaen
44: Hubert
and rufus failed to move again.

So /dev/joe wins the round and gains 5 points.

Current scores:

22: Hubert
21: Alfvaen
16: /dev/joe
10: TGW
 7: else...if
 0: rufus, IB

Congruences for the next round:

0: rufus
1: IdiotBoy
2: /dev/joe
3: Hubert
4: else...if
5: The Gingham Wearer
6: Alfvaen

Please respond privately - congruences mod 7 required.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 06:06:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Joshua Herreshoff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T11

> > > For trick 11, I lead the Three of Spades.
> >
> > Four of Spades.  This trick is mine!
>
> King of Spades.

Ace of Spades.  I think this trick is mine.  For the next, I'll lead out

the Queen of Spades.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 06:30:26 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T12

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, Joshua Herreshoff wrote:

> the Queen of Spades.

Five of spades.

- -Hubert

Does Schroedinger's cat have 18 half-lives? 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 11:33:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Spades round 3 over

> > the Queen of Spades.
> Five of spades.

That will be quite enough.

The queen of spades, the highest remaining trump, will win this trick, and
the last trick will be won by either the Jack of spades (held by Alfvaen),
or, if he tosses it under the queen, then by the 9 of spades held by
Goldenmean.  Either way, the AG team wins the last 3 tricks for a total
of 8, while the Sla team just meets their bid with 5.

For the latter case, presumably most likely since the AG team should be
throwing away tricks to avoid picking up sandbags at this point, the
following is the trick record:

Alfvaen    (2)  7D  2C +6C  AH*10D* 9H  2H  7H  5H  6H  4S  JS  8S
Slakko     (2)  8D  9C  JC  3H  3D  KH  2D  7C  2S*10H  KS  8H  5C
Goldenmean (3)> KD  4C 10C  QH  9D  6S* QD* QC* JD  7S  AS* QS* 9S*
Q*bert     (3)  AD* AC* KC* 4H  4D  JH  5D  3C  6D 10S* 3S  5S  8C

Score record for this round:

AlfGol      SlaHub
prev: -100         121
bid:5       bid:5
got:8  +53  got:5  +50
mis:  -100
total -147         171

Round 4 will begin shortly when I send out the cards; Q*bert will have the
first bid.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 16:30:05 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

Step Q18-P19

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 18:29:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Spades Round 4 bids

For Round 4, I bid 2 tricks.

- -Hubert

When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. 
It make the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself. 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 19:12:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Micah Smukler)
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Wednesday, the 8th day of April, and the Machine That Goes *ping*
Has Gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone
*ping* 7 times.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 19:32:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Round 4 bids

> For Round 4, I bid 2 tricks.

I'll bid 3, I guess.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Oingo Boingo:Dead Man's Party
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
Five or six big jet planes zoomed quickly by the tower.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 08 Apr 1998 19:44:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Viruses

Yes, _again_.  That's three rounds in less than 48 hours, isn't it?

Here are the moves for Round 33:

breadbox: Step ?14->15
two-star: Place J5
/dev/joe: Place X22
The Gingham Wearer: Place Y21
Slakko: Place I0
else...if: Step Q18-P19

New Grid:

   ; < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ \ 
28 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 28
27 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27
26 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . 26
25 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X @ . . @ * * * . . . . . . . . 25
24 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X X . @ ? ? . . . . * . . . . . . . 24
23 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ? ? @ * * . * . . . . . . . 23
22 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ? . . . * * @ . / @ . . . 22
21 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ? ? @ . @ @ . . G . . . 21
20 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . . . ? . ? . / / . . / @ . . 20
19 . . . . . @ X . . . ? ? . . . . . . . . @ ? . . ? . . @ . . . . . . 19
18 . . . . . X X . . . ? ? . . . . X . X . . . . ? . . . ? . / . . . . 18
17 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . @ X . . . . @ . . ? ? . @ / / . . . . 17
16 . . . . X . . . . . . . . @ . . X . . . . . X . . . @ / / . . @ . . 16
15 . . . X . X . . . . . . . . / . . @ . . . X . . . . . / / . . . . . 15
14 . . X . . . X . . . . . . / @ . . . / . . . . . . . . / / . . . . . 14
13 . . . X . X . . . . . . . @ . . . . / / . . @ ? ? . . . . . . . . . 13
12 . . . . X . . . . . . . . @ . . . . / . . . G . . . . . . . . . . . 12
11 . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . G G . G . . . . . . . . 11
10 . . . . . . . . . . G G . @ . . . . . . . . G . . . G . . . . . . . 10
 9 . . . . . . . . . . . G G . G @ . . . . . G G . . . . @ . . . . . .  9
 8 . . . . . . . . . . . . G G . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  8
 7 . . . . . . . . . S . . . @ . . . . . . * . . . * . . . . . . . . .  7
 6 . . . . . . . S . . S . S S . * * . . . * . * . @ . * . . . . . . .  6
 5 . . . . . . . S . . . S . @ . * . . . . . * . * * * . . . . . . . .  5
 4 . . . . . . . S . . . . . . . @ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
 3 . . . . . . . . S . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
 2 . . . . . . . . S . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  2
 1 . . . . . . . . . S . . . . * * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  1
 0 . . . . . . . . . . . S . @ S @ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  0
- -1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -1
- -2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -2
   ; < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ \ 

two-star got a Viruspoint this round!

Player Name      Symbol    Cells     Points
two-star           *        27          3
else...if          ?        21          3
breadbox           X        21          2
/dev/joe           /        19          7
The Gingham Wearer G        16          8
Slakko             S        13          2

Round 34 begins now.  You may reply to this message to send me your moves.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Ann Mortifee:The Jester
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
I got contact lenses, but I only use them when I read, so I got flipups.

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #65
*******************************