Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #63
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest        Monday, April 6 1998        Volume 03 : Number 063

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 00:18:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Viruses

Here are the moves for Round 30 of Viruses:

/dev/joe: Place K21
breadbox: Place >13
Slakko: Place M15
The Gingham Wearer: Destroy S10
else...if: Step R13-Q13
two-star: None

New Grid:

   < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ \ 
27 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27
26 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26
25 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . 25
24 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X @ @ . . . . * * . . . . . . . . 24
23 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . ? ? . @ . . * * . . . . . . . 23
22 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ? . . . . . . . . . . . . . 22
21 . . . . . . . . . . . ? . . . / . X @ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21
20 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X X . . . ? ? . . . / . . . . . 20
19 . . . . . . . . . . ? . . . . X . @ . . ? ? . ? . . @ / / . . . . 19
18 . . . . @ / . . . . ? ? . @ . X . . . ? . . . . . . . . . / / . . 18
17 . . . X @ X . . . . @ @ . @ . X . . . . . . . . ? ? . / . / / . . 17
16 . . . X X . . . . @ X . . @ . @ . . @ X . . ? . . . . / . / / . . 16
15 . . X X X . . . . @ @ . . . . . @ S @ @ . . . . . . . / / . . . . 15
14 . . X X X . . . @ . . ? . . . . . . @ . @ . . . . . @ . . . . . . 14
13 . . . . . . . . . X @ . . * * @ . / / / / ? . . ? . . . . . . . . 13
12 . . . . . . . . X . X . . * * . . / . / @ . @ . @ @ . . . . . . . 12
11 . . . . . . . . . . . G . * * @ . . . . . . G . G G . . . . . . . 11
10 . . . . . . . . . . G . . . . . . . . . G . . . G . . . . . . . . 10
 9 . . . . . . . . . . . @ . G . . . . . . G . . . . @ . . . . . . .  9
 8 . . . . . . . . . . . . G . . . . . . . . G . . . * . . . . . . .  8
 7 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . @ . . . . . . . . . .  7
 6 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * * * @ @ * . . . . . . .  6
 5 . . . . . . S S . . . S @ @ / @ . . . . * * . . . . . . . . . . .  5
 4 . . . . . . S S S S S S S . . / . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
 3 . . . . . . . . S S S S . . . @ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  2
 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . * * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  1
 0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  0
- -1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -1
   < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ \ 

No Viruspoint is awarded this round.

Player Name      Symbol    Cells     Points
/dev/joe           /        23          6
breadbox           X        23          2
two-star           *        22          1
else...if          ?        19          3
Slakko             S        15          2
The Gingham Wearer G        13          8

Round 31 starts now; you may reply to this message to send me your moves.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Stan Ridgway:Black Diamond
Current Book--Sean Stewart:The Night Watch
"Jean-Luc, I am Beldar.  I am also from France."

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 00:54:40 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Another game of Fictionary

With this message, I am announcing the start of a game of fictionary.  In
accordance with the rules, I hearby list the players in this game, each of
whom has been randomly assigned a number.  They are:

1. Slakko
2. rufus
3. JT
4. The Gingham Wearer
5. Hubert
6. Vynd
7. else...if
8. Atilla the Pun
9. /dev/joe

Quite a crew, I must say.  Should make for a rousing game I would think.
Without further ado, I turn things over to out first Brainiac: Slakko.

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 02:48:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T9/10

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > > I'll lead out the jack of diamonds
> 
> > I follow with the Six of Diamonds.  Not rhinestones, baby.  Diamonds.
> 
> Five of Hearts.

Two of Spades.  My trick!

Trick 10 lead:
10 of Hearts.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 03:04:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Another game of Fictionary

On Mon, 6 Apr 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:

> Quite a crew, I must say.  Should make for a rousing game I would think.
> Without further ado, I turn things over to out first Brainiac: Slakko.

Wow! Chosen first in both Fictionary Games I've played!  What an honour!

Now, let's try and find that word.
<riffle><riffle><riffle>

The word for round 1 is: gangrel.

Oh, yeah, a note: does anyone want to change the rules to allow words in
the definitional dictionaries, but not in the official word-list
dictionaries to be used?  I had about 5 or 6 tries at words rejected
before I got to this one.

Send your responses, Bluffers.

Yours,
Slakko
Brainiac
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 04:23:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Joshua Herreshoff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T9/10

> Trick 10 lead:
> 10 of Hearts.

7 of spades.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:21:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL play

Rufus wrote:
> On Sat, 4 Apr 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:
> > until in a cataclysmic explosion of fire and water the bit of the
> > asteroid on which he was standing detached itself from the rest of
> > the ground and blew off into space.
> 
> I interrupt with "explosion".

TGW's play of "explosion" is accepted (and burned, no pun intended).
Kirby is down but not out, so his card remains a loose end.

Rufus's interrupt with explosion is accepted.
TGW is dealt a card.
It is rufus's turn.

YORL Status:

Loose Ends: 4 - cowboy, snowgod, thin man, 2600
Cards Burned: 30
Cards in Deck: 8
Total in pot: A$220.

Play Order:
rufus              [6 cards]
Atilla the Pun     [7 cards]
Karma              [9 cards]
Alfvaen            [3 cards] [1 Ale]
two-star           [7 cards]
The Gingham Wearer [3 cards] [2 Ale]
TAFKA Slagothor    [7 cards]
Slakko             [7 cards]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 11:33:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL play

> TGW's play of "explosion" is accepted (and burned, no pun intended).

TGW's play was actually "asteroid", but it is still burned and the rest
of that message was correct.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 18:20:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Word U-A round 1 results

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > In that case, let the Game begin!  The Official Dictionary came up,
> > interestingly enough, with the word "queen."  Take it away, TGW!
> 
> How ironic that your dice decided I should be the first linker. Still, this
> round's uh? word is "gilding".

Results of round 1 of Word Un-Association:

JT's link of "album" was rejected; the link to "Queen" is tenuous but
passable, but I think since the link to "gilding" depends on an album
going "gold," it's a bit too disassociated.

Attila the Pun, rufus, and Koxvolio all linked with "crown;" this is
accepted.

I thought long and hard on Slakko's link of "lily."  "Gilding the lily" is
a relatively common expression, but "Queen Lily" is tougher.  I finally
decided to accept it; if you're not sure why (and I'm not sure Slakko's
sure why), check out 
http://homepages.enterprise.net/sylv/INDEX.HTM
which is where I found the esoterica that ultimately decided me.

else...if did not submit a link word that I noticed.

Scores:
Slakko: 2
Attila the Pun: 1
Koxvolio: 1
rufus: 1
else...if: 0
JT: 0
TGW: 0

JT is the Linker for round 2 and must link from "gilding."  Give us a
word, Boomerang Man.

- -Hubert

Windows 95: another fine product of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation...

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 18:34:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T10

On Sun, 5 Apr 1998, Joshua Herreshoff wrote:

> > 10 of Hearts.
> 
> 7 of spades.

10 of Spades.

- -Hubert

Mary had a little lamb....and Mulder was determined to find out why. 

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 18:52:39 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Word U-A round 1 results

> > How ironic that your dice decided I should be the first linker. Still,
this
> > round's uh? word is "gilding".

For anyone interested, the word I was thinking of was mercury.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 06 Apr 1998 18:54:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Word U-A round 1 results

The Uh-word for this round is:  page

- --JT

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #63
*******************************