Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #59
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Thursday, April 2 1998       Volume 03 : Number 059

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 00:02:07 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Micah Smukler)
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Thursday, the 2nd day of April, and the Machine That Goes *ping*
Has Gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone
*ping* 4 times.

AtP

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 01:29:55 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Micah Smukler)
Subject: Acka: YORL joining

I am requesting to join the game of YORL on that oh-so-inviting
empty bench, and paying the ante fee for so doing.

AtP

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 01:33:50 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Micah Smukler)
Subject: Re: Acka: Word un-association

>> > next-one, would be more than willing to referee, but I would like there to
>> > be more players than in the previous game.  Who out there'd be interested?
>
>I will play, and thereby shall triumph... maybe.
>
>Koxvolio

I also will play, and thereby shall fail dismally... possibly.

AtP

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 01:46:18 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL Update

After two-star's little switcheroo and Attila's joining, the state of
the game now looks like this. (I will add cards to the deck very soon.)

YORL Status:

Loose Ends: 4 - cowboy, snowgod, thin man, 2600
Cards Burned: 28
Cards in Deck: 9
Total in pot: A$220.

Play Order:
The Gingham Wearer [3 cards] [2 Ale]
TAFKA Slagothor    [7 cards]
Slakko             [7 cards]
rufus              [7 cards]
Atilla the Pun     [7 cards]
Karma              [9 cards]
Alfvaen            [3 cards] [1 Ale]
two-star           [7 cards]

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 03:19:55 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T4

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> Nine of Hearts.
King of Hearts.

> I'll have to look through my collection of HUMAN HEADS!
You wouldn't happen to know Emperor Cartagia, would you?

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 03:21:33 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL play

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> Because he worked Lunatic Finger back into the story, something
> some of the players wished could have been a loose end but wasn't
> because it wasn't on a card, I am awarding The Gingham Wearer a
> Fair Play award.

There is a question as to whether this is legal.  According to Rule
1250.18, the Barkeep is "considered" the referee of the Game.  Does this
mean e is the Referee (and therefore entitled to award FairPlay awards),
or not?

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 13:27:29 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL play

> Despite his misuse of words:
> > Kirby 2600 was their also

Aaaaarrrrggggghhhh!!!!! I can't believe I just did that. Can you just hold on
a minute whilst I go and shoot myself in the head.....

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 13:27:31 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Word un-association

> If at least two more players will join, I'll start it up.  TGW, /dev/joe,
> would either of you be interested in a rematch of sorts?

Sure, I'd like to play. 'Twould be fun to actually get a chance to play in my
own game. It should be more fun with a few more players too.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 16:16:24 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Word Un-Association Imminent

The following players have so far posted their desire to take part in the
upcoming game of Word Un-Association:

Slakko
rufus
JT
Koxvolio
Attila the Pun
The Gingham Wearer

I'm glad to see this immediate interest in Acka's Subgames on the part of
some of our newest players, and I hope I got their names right.

In any case, I will wait at least another day to see if anyone else is
interested, since the Rules for WUA do not allow players to be added in
mid-game.  If you're interested, please reply to this post, notify me
privately, or donate me an A$ or two, and I'll put you on the list.

- -Hubert

668: the Neighbor of the Beast. 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 16:35:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Word Un-Association Imminent

At 4:16pm -0500 4/2/98, *ough**cough**wink**wink*You-Know-Who wrote:
>In any case, I will wait at least another day to see if anyone else is
>interested, since the Rules for WUA do not allow players to be added in
>mid-game.  If you're interested, please reply to this post, notify me
>privately, or donate me an A$ or two, and I'll put you on the list.
	I'd like to join.

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 23:53:05 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Viruses

Here are the moves for Round 29 of Viruses:

/dev/joe: Place D15
Slakko: Step D5-C6
The Gingham Wearer: Place P10
two-star: Place I2
else...if: Step F19-G20 (Invalid)
breadbox: None

I apologize to else...if, whose move I forgot to check(as I had everyone
else's), but it fails since G20 is already occupied.

New Grid:

   < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ \ 
27 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 27
26 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26
25 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . 25
24 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . @ . . . . * . * . . . . . . . . 24
23 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X X ? . . . . . . * . . . . . . . 23
22 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . ? ? . * . * . . . . . . . . 22
21 . . . . . . . . . . . . @ X . . X X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21
20 . . . . . . . . . . . ? @ X X . . X . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20
19 . . . . . . . . . . . ? @ X . X . @ . . . ? ? ? ? . @ / / . . . . 19
18 . . . . @ / . . X . . ? . @ . X . X . ? . ? ? . . . . / . / . . . 18
17 . . . . @ X . . . . . @ . @ . X . . . @ ? ? . . ? ? . / . / / . . 17
16 . . X . . . . . . . X . ? @ . @ . . . X ? . ? . ? ? . / . / . . . 16
15 . . . X . . . . / . @ ? . . . . @ . . . . . . ? ? ? . / / . . . . 15
14 . . . X . X . . . . . ? . . . . . . @ . . . . . ? ? . . . . . . . 14
13 . . . . . . . . X X @ . . . * . . . / / / . ? . ? . . . . . . . . 13
12 . . . . . . . . . . . . . * * . / . . . . . @ . @ . . . . . . . . 12
11 . . . . . . . . X . @ . . * . . / . . . . . G G G . . . . . . . . 11
10 . . . . . . . . . . . G @ . . . . . . . G G . G G . . . . . . . . 10
 9 . . . . . . . . . . . @ G G . . . . . . G G G G . . . . . . . . .  9
 8 . . . . . . . . S . . . . . . . . . . . . . . G @ * . . . . . . .  8
 7 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . @ @ * . . . . . . .  7
 6 . . . . . . . . . S . . . . . . / . . . * * . . @ . . . . . . . .  6
 5 . . . . . . S S . . . . . . . @ . . . . * * . . . . . . . . . . .  5
 4 . . . . . . . S S S S S S / / . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
 3 . . . . . . . . . . . . . @ @ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . * * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  2
 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . * * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  1
 0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  0
- -1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -1
   < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ \ 

else...if receives a Viruspoint this round, despite eir erroneous
move, so I don't feel _too_ sorry for em.  :-)

Player Name      Symbol    Cells     Points
else...if          ?        31          3
breadbox           X        25          2
/dev/joe           /        21          6
two-star           *        20          1
The Gingham Wearer G        15          8
Slakko             S        10          2

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Prefab Sprout:Cue Fanfare
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
When you have sour cream every problem looks like a potato.

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #59
*******************************