Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #56
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest        Monday, March 30 1998        Volume 03 : Number 056

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 02:16:21 -0500 (EST)
From: Joshua Herreshoff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T4

> > > For the fourth trick, I lead the Four of Hearts.
> >
> > Ace of Hearts.
>
> Three of Hearts.

Sorry it took so long to get around to this, it's my spring break, and
paradoxically I've been a lot busier in RL than usual.  Anyway

Queen of Hearts

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 10:48:42 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: FairPlay

For eir extremely interesting Abstract Crescent moves, I am awarding The
Gingham Wearer a FairPlay award.

Yours,
Slakko
Referee of Abstract Crescent Game 1

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 16:35:48 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL play

Reappearing soon
Upon a large asteroid
Next to the Thin Man.

Kirby 2600 was their also
And Sam mused briefly, before saying, "So,

"Exactly what is the manner
In which I retrieve the thingie of banna?"

Said ThinMan: "'Tis guarded by the Lunatic Finger
A giant with hair of the brightest ginger...

"The only weakness of his that I ever did see
Was a hatred of really good  poetry."

"In addition," said Kirby, "he's known to detest
Water which can't be found here so your quest,
Must be to find some with which him to greet
Which with a bit of luck should let you him defeat."

With that Sam touched his ring to the talisman part
As images through his swift mind did dart.

As the Lunatic Finger rounded the corner
Looking as if he had left many a mourner

Sam decided that he needed to irrigate
The land currently made of driest slate

And water poured forth
Throughout the whole of the land
Worrying the giant.

TGW plays, with rhymes e thinks are great,
One of his remaining cards: "irrigate".

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:53:01 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Viruses

Here are the moves for Round 28 of Viruses:

/dev/joe: Place A18
The Gingham Wearer: Place I9
Slakko: Place G4
else...if: Step G18-H17
two-star: Place S23
breadbox: Step @16-?17

New Grid:

   < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ 
26 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26
25 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25
24 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * * * . . . . . . . 24
23 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X X ? . . . * * * . . . . . . . 23
22 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . . ? . . . * * . . . . . . . 22
21 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . X . ? ? . . . . . . . . . . . 21
20 . . . . . . . . . . . ? @ X X . . X . ? ? . . ? ? . . . . . . . 20
19 . . . . . . . . . . ? . . . . X . @ . ? . . . . . . . / / . . . 19
18 . . . . . / . X X . . . . . . X . X @ ? . ? ? . . ? . / . / . . 18
17 . . . X . X X X X . @ . ? @ X X . . X . . ? . . . ? . / . / . . 17
16 . . X . . . X X X . X . . . . @ . @ . . . . ? . . ? . / . / . . 16
15 . . . X X X . . . . @ ? . . . . @ ? @ . @ @ . . . ? . / / . . . 15
14 . . . . X X . . . . . . . . . . . . @ / / / @ . ? . . . . . . . 14
13 . . . . . . . . . X @ . . . . . . . . . . . ? @ ? . . . . . . . 13
12 . . . . . . . X . @ . . . * * @ . / . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12
11 . . . . . . . . X . @ . . * . . . / . . . . . G . . . . . . . . 11
10 . . . . . . . . . G . . . . . . . . . . . G . G G . . . . . . . 10
 9 . . . . . . . . @ @ . @ G . . . . . . . G . . G . . . . . . . .  9
 8 . . . . . . . . S S S . @ . G . . . . . . . . . @ . . . . . . .  8
 7 . . . . . . . . . . . S @ / . . . / . . . . . . @ * . . . . . .  7
 6 . . . . . . . . . S S S @ / . / . . . . * * . . @ . . . . . . .  6
 5 . . . . . . . S S S S S @ @ . @ . . . . * * . . . . * . . . . .  5
 4 . . . . . . . S S . . . . . / . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  4
 3 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  3
 2 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  2
 1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  1
 0 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  0
- -1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . -1
   < = > ? @ A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z [ 

breadbox received a Viruspoint this round!

Player Name      Symbol    Cells     Points
breadbox           X        33          2
else...if          ?        26          2
/dev/joe           /        19          6
two-star           *        19          1
Slakko             S        14          2
The Gingham Wearer G         9          8

Round 29 begins now.  You may reply to this message to send me your moves.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--The Pukka Orchestra
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
Wait!  Don't turn the page...I'm not finished.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 22:53:04 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades R3 T4

> > > > For the fourth trick, I lead the Four of Hearts.

> > > Ace of Hearts.

> > Three of Hearts.

> Sorry it took so long to get around to this, it's my spring break, and
> paradoxically I've been a lot busier in RL than usual.  Anyway

> Queen of Hearts

I think this is past the three-day limit, so I'm not sure if this play
counts, but I think I can be reasonably sure that if Goldenmean had a
heart at all e didn't trump my Ace, so I will lead off for the next
trick...

...with a Ten of Diamonds.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Def Leppard:Hysteria
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
She wrote a long letter...on a short piece of paper

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #56
*******************************