Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #51
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Tuesday, March 24 1998       Volume 03 : Number 051

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:02:00 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: zRe: Acka: ASS (fwd)

> I, of the _truly_ unspellable, unpronounceable name, have been retained as
> Second by the venerable Alfvaen, who as Founder of the Church of Azpiazu,
> Speaker, Scorekeeper, Registrar, Financier, Archaeologist, and
> Undead-Harfer is the worthy and honourable recipient of the Edam cheese
> for which eir plaid-clad opponent so pathetically laboured.  E wishes me
> to convey the following sentiments to The Gingham Smoker ad infinitum: you
> can knock em down, but e'll just get up again.  You're never going to keep
> em down.
> 
> I spit on the gingham glove and thump TGW with a tub.  Alfvaen and I 
> await the wretched bannists on the field of Ghost, where e will devastate
> the anti-Chumba heretics in a rematch of January's Duel.
> 
> We'll be singing when we're winning.

So are you going to referee this or not?

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 13:37:56 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL play

"Well," pondered the Thin Man, "there are three seperate parts to it, all
with there unique look..."

"One of them looks like a bowling ball," interrupted Kirby, "and another
manifests itself as a cornucopia and the third..."

"The third is constantly modifying itself." said the Thin Man.

"...is self modifying," finished Kirby.

"A bowling ball, a cornucopia and a self modifying piece." mused Sam, "So
where do we start looking?"

"You never learn do you? The ring!!"

Sam concentrated, looked at his ring and reappeared next to a chair. Which
changed to a ball. Then a bin. Then a toy car. And then carried on changing.
The Thin Man and Kirby 2300 appeared again.

"This..." started Kirby.

"... is the self modifying part of the scepter of banna."

"Take it and then leave this space station..."

Sam picked up the piece of the scepter of banna, now looking like a chunk of
edam, concentrated and disappeared.

The Gingham Wearer plays: self-modifying.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:06:18 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Word Un-association

/dev/joe linked with movement, and Hubert linked with blue. Both are
accepted. Scores are now:

Slakko: 10
/dev/joe: 11
Hubert: 13

/dev/joe is now the linker and must link from quartz (I think). and Hubert's
getting close to winning, although Slakko and /dev/joe are both within
striking distance.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 14:48:36 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Word Un-association

> /dev/joe is now the linker and must link from quartz (I think).

The uh? word is smooth.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:46:58 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ghost Duel starting

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Tom Walmsley wrote:

> > We'll be singing when we're winning.
> 
> So are you going to referee this or not?

Oh, I guess so. :-)
The way I'd read Rule 1215 up to my current perusal, the Referee had to be
an uninvolved player.  I just realized that nothing prevents me from
being the Referee as long as I volunteer, which I hereby do. 

By random determination, John F. Kennedy has determined that our evil
gingham-molesting opponent (TGW) receives the number 1 and that the
champion of moral rightness and tubthumping purity (Alfvaen) the number 2.
[ Luckily, no Rule requires the Ref to be unbiased. :-) ]

TGW, start your letters!

- -Hubert

Democracy is a beautiful thing, except for that part about letting just 
any old yokel vote.

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 21:47:50 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Spades R3 T4

> For the fourth trick, I lead the Four of Hearts.

Ace of Hearts.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Christopher Ward:Spark of Desire
Current Book--Jane Yolen:White Jenna
You have just begun reading this sentence that you have just finished reading.

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #51
*******************************