Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #22
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest      Sunday, February 22 1998      Volume 03 : Number 022

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 02:48:22 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL Update

Two-star is asleep, and receives a card.
It is The Gingham Wearer's turn.

YORL Status:

Loose Ends: 5 - cowboy, snowgod, thin man, 2600, ring
Cards Burned: 15
Cards in Deck: 20

Play Order:
The Gingham Wearer [6 cards] [1 Ale]
Slagothor          [6 cards]
Slakko             [8 cards]
Balsamic Dragon    [7 cards]
Malenkai           [6 cards]
Karma              [8 cards]
Alfvaen            [4 cards]
two-star           [7 cards]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 10:38:07 -0500 (EST)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL play

Being blown this way and that by the chill wind Sam struggled to stay on
his feet. More by luck than judgement he managed to make his way to a
small cave, which whilst not luxurious, did at least shelter him from the
worst of the wind. He examined the ring that somehow had managed to find
it's way onto his finger and thought about the events of the last few
hours. None of it made any sense; when he'd entered the inn it was almost
empty, and yet a large mob had emerged to face the giants. How had that
happened? How had he found himself here?

All of a sudden he heard Elspeth's voice. No, he felt it; it was nothing
more than a thought. The ring was glowing softly. "Romeo, through your
ring and mine we may communicate. There is only one way for you to defeat
the Snowgod, you must find the talisman of Banna and use it against him."
"Snowgod? Banna? What?"
"Unfortunately", Elspeth continued, ignoring Sam, "The Snowgod knows this
and has hidden the talisman on the moon. You must go and fetch it."
"What? How?"
"Use the power of your ring. Transport yourself away from the domain of
the Snowgod. You cannot beat him there. Why else do you think he took you
there?"

With that the ring stopped glowing. Sam thought about what had just been
said when suddenly the cave walls began to disappear from around him. He
felt disoriented, and when he had regained his bearings he found himself
on a rocket to the moon.

The Gingham Wearer plays: rocket to the moon.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 11:38:54 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Games: Announce: Single-Capture Go

I would like to referee a game of Single-Capture Go.  Between 2 and 12
players can take part.  If you are interested, respond (privately to save
BWG).  I'll give people 3 days to let me know, then it is starting up.

Yours,
Slakko
putting his skill as a referee on the line
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 12:18:35 -0500 (EST)
From: Joshua Herreshoff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Duel R1T9

> > I lead the King of Diamonds.
> Jack of Diamonds.

10 of spades.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:40:17 -0500 (EST)
From: Rico <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Duel R1T9

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Joshua Herreshoff wrote:

> > > I lead the King of Diamonds.
> > Jack of Diamonds.
> 
> 10 of spades.

Why!??  You guys were winning the trick already, and the Ace of Diamonds
is gone.  If you were expecting me to trump, well...

I play the Eight of Diamonds.  Goldie's lead.

- -rico

"So, you're evil, huh? It's always something." 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 14:45:29 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Duel R1T9

> > > > I lead the King of Diamonds.
> > > Jack of Diamonds.

> > 10 of spades.

> Why!??  You guys were winning the trick already, and the Ace of Diamonds
> is gone.  If you were expecting me to trump, well...

I could ask the same question, actually.  But then, I was keeping careful
track of what was being played, and had to hope that if anybody was out
of Diamonds it would have to be my partner.  E didn't know that e could
sluff.  And a trick is a trick.  Unless it could've been two tricks.

> I play the Eight of Diamonds.  Goldie's lead.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Leo Kottke:Ice Water
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
When I hit a block of prose in a book, I just skip right over it.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:02:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Rico <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Spades Duel R1T9

On Sun, 22 Feb 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> of Diamonds it would have to be my partner.  E didn't know that e could
> sluff.  And a trick is a trick.  Unless it could've been two tricks.

Well, since all of us have been following along (ahem) we know that
Goldie's ten was the second lowest Trump left.  (Unless, of course,
*I've* been counting wrong.)  

So it wasn't such a loss.  Especially since it happened to you guys.  :-)

> When I hit a block of prose in a book, I just skip right over it.

When I read horror books, I close my eyes during the scary parts.

- -rico

"So, you're evil, huh? It's always something." 

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:21:38 -0500 (EST)
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka yorl

emerged to face the giants. How had that
happened? How had he found himself here?

All of a sudden he heard Elspeth's voice. No, he felt it; it was nothing
more than a thought. The ring was glowing softly. "Romeo, through your
ring and mine we may communicate. There is only one way for you to defeat
the Snowgod, you must find the talisman of Banna and use it against him."
"Snowgod? Banna? What?"
"Unfortunately", Elspeth continued, ignoring Sam, "The Snowgod knows this
and has hidden the talisman on the moon. You must go and fetch it."
"What? How?"
"Use the power of your ring. Transport yourself away from the domain of
the Snowgod. You cannot beat him there. Why else do you think he took you
there?"

With that the ring stopped glowing. Sam thought about what had just been
said when suddenly the cave walls began to disappear from around him. He
felt disoriented, and when he had regained his bearings he found himself
on a rocket to the moon.

i attempt to interupt all of sam's unanswered , wonderings with , "riddle"

- - Karma

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #22
*******************************