Subject: acka-games-digest V3 #262
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Sunday, February 1 1998       Volume 03 : Number 262

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 13:24:44 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Viruses Refereeing

I used a program that I wrote up in Perl.  "Game of Life" programs are
often the first major ones I write in any language, and the Virus thing
took only minor adjustments.  I even modified it to automatically keep
track of the row numbers and column letters, although I still haven't
figured out why, whenever it has to remove a column, it'll print letters
from F to ZZ, instead of from F to U or whatever.  But anyway...

I'd be happy to double-check the grids for anyone refereeing Viruses
_before_ they post them...

- --
- --Alfvaen (Web page:http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Current Album--The City:Foundation
Current Book--Tanya Huff:Gate of Darkness, Circle of Light
Never attribute to malloc() what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 17:38:03 -0500 (EST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: New web page

I've put up a new web page with a graphical display of the current
viruses games, at http://wilma.che.utexas.edu/~devjoe/acka/viruses.html
If people like this I will keep it updated.

There will also be a new YORL page up after we get the first play.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V3 #262
********************************