Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #235
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Sunday, January 4 1998       Volume 02 : Number 235

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 15:58:10 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Old *ping*

Here is the truth for the Machine That Goes *ping* at the time when I was
scholar (please note this is NOT a guess at the current truth):

IF AND ONLY IF today the date modulo the material weight of a jester is
two, THEN the Machine that goes *ping* shall go *ping*.

Yours,
Slakko
ex-Scholar of *ping*.

- --
Duncan "" Richer aka
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 15:51:22 -0500
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL Play

> play: booze

This is accepted and burned.  /dev/joe has 0 cards, but
I do not believe the game ends until all the loose ends
are tied off.  If it does, congrats.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 23:23:04 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary

Would anyone else be interested in playing a game of fictionary?

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 17:30:54 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ye Olde Rusty Lantern, one more time.

Soon Jhonis flew in the cave as a mynah bird and transformed into a human
form. They ate some mushrooms Brusari had gathered, and the three of them
transported the princess along with themselves through the dreamtime, back
to the room with the sweet-smelling smoke.

Over the next few hours, each of the dreamtime-travelers related their
adventures to the others. They became worried, however, that the princess
remained unconscious so long.  Stutim began to suspect the ring Welecta
had had him plant. When he removed it from her finger, she awoke with a
start. She reached out with both arms, pulled Stutim's face to her own,
and kissed him. "Will you marry me?"

The princess's words surprised Stutim. "Well, my father was supposed to
have been some minor Solgrai noble, but my parents weren't married.
Still, it might be allowed."

Brusari interrupted, "There's something you should know. During the recent
war, the King and Queen of Rishent and their only son were killed --
supposedly eaten by this same behemoth that killed the last High King 500
years ago. This is the new Queen of Rishent."

Just then, an apprentice of Brusari's came to the door. "Good, you're back.
There is a delegation of Solgrai here."

The leader of the group came forward. "The entire royal family of Solgrai
was killed by a monster last month. It then went around the country killing
other nobles. Palace staff spent a week trying to figure who rules Solgrai
now; several kings and queens died without being crowned.  The current
King of Solgrai is the illegitimate son of a margrave with a Rishent woman,
since no legitimate members of the royal line still live.  He is believed
to be living near here."

Stutim knew. "I'm the one," he responded, and then, to the Queen of
Rishent, "Yes, I'll marry you. The kingdoms will be united once more."
Then, Stutim addressed the whole group. "That thing chased me too, in
catacombs under the city, but it fell into a deep chasm."

Brusari chimed in, "That's it, then. Zoorgandothram lived only to carry out
the beginning and end of the prophecy."

The new royal couple was married in the grand hall of Brusari's building,
which had been the royal palace before the split between Solgrai and Rishent,
and they remained there to rule over the reunited kingdom.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:56:36 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL Play

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Malenkai wrote:

> > play: booze
> 
> This is accepted and burned.  /dev/joe has 0 cards, but
> I do not believe the game ends until all the loose ends
> are tied off.  If it does, congrats.
> 
> Malenkai

This was my understanding as well, and coincidentally why I didn't try to
wrap things up myself last time I was in control.

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:58:22 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, The Gingham Wearer wrote:

> Would anyone else be interested in playing a game of fictionary?
> 
> 
> The Gingham Wearer.
> 

Indeed, I would be.  I was actually just waiting until I had finished up
with Grab A Donkey before I started one myself.

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 16:59:57 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary

> Would anyone else be interested in playing a game of fictionary?

I would, but only if /dev/joe plays too. (Grudge match!) Maybe he'll
be up for it, now that he seems to have finished up YORL game.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 20:04:24 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ye Olde Rusty Lantern, one more time.

On Sun, 4 Jan 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> 
> Brusari interrupted, "There's something you should know. During the recent
> war, the King and Queen of Rishent and their only son were killed --
> supposedly eaten by this same behemoth that killed the last High King 500
> years ago. This is the new Queen of Rishent."
> 
> 

I am interrupting this play with my card "regicide"

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 19:11:14 -0600 (CST)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary

breadbox wrote:
> > Would anyone else be interested in playing a game of fictionary?
> 
> I would, but only if /dev/joe plays too. (Grudge match!) Maybe he'll
> be up for it, now that he seems to have finished up YORL game.

I'll play, but I'm going to be away for about a week starting next Saturday,
possibly stopping in that Tuesday night -- I'll likely miss a turn.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 23:52:02 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The nail-bitting conclusion of GAD!

Well, it all came down to this, the Round of the Spider Woman.  ThinMan
and Fortunato, easily the best Grab A Donkey players in the game today,
faced off in a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.

ThinMan boldly led off play with a Rock.

A few days later, Fortunato chose to strike with Paper.

A careful review of the Rules has determined that with this play Fortunato
has defeated ThinMan and grabbed his Donkey.  Fortunato now stands alone
atop the GAL, and as the only remaining player is named the winner and
Belt Holder for this game of Grab A Donkey.  He is rewarded with 7 points,
3 for his victory and 4 for the donkeys he grabbed.  He also has the
privilige of proposing a change to the Rules of Grab A Donkey.  

The final scores:

> > > > > Crackfoo   1 (eliminated)
> > > > > mr cwm     2 (eliminated)
> > > > > Red Barn   1 (eliminated)
> > > > > ThinMan    4 (eliminated)
> > > > > breadbox   1 (eliminated)
> > > > > Rex Mundi  3 (eliminated)
> > > > > /dev/joe   3 (eliminated)
> > > > > two-star   1 (eliminated)

and

> > > > > Fortunato  4  Belt Holder

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #235
********************************