Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #234
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Friday, January 2 1998       Volume 02 : Number 234

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 02:03:00 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: GAD Round of the Spider Woman

My apologies for taking so long in posting this round, but things have
been busy and this Round was actually difficult to harf.  

ThinMan grabbed two-star's Donkey.

Both two-star and Fortunato attempted to grab ThinMan's Donkey.

Fortunato sent me his play (about 10 minutes) before he returned from
vacation, so I think it fails.  This avoids the sticky situation of who
would have gotten the Lamb that led to CFJ 364, which never did get a
verdict in its jury trial (the only jury trial?).

Since two-star was the only one who legaly tried to grab ThinMan's Donkey,
and ThinMan had the little Lamb, two-star grabs the Lamb (again!).  It is
possible that this leads to some sort of infinite loop, with ThinMan
grabbing it back instead of getting two-star's Donkey, but I don't think
that happened.  I do note that, if CFJ 320 is still pertinent, then
ThinMan and two-star are both currently in "possession" of the little
Lamb.

So, my take on the situation is that two-star grabbed the Lamb.  ThinMan
grabbed two-star's Donkey, thereby eliminating him.  As there are only two
players remaining in on the GAL, Fortunato and ThinMan are now playing a
game of Rock, Paper, Scissors.  See Rule 1213 for details.  Get your plays
in soon boys, cuz this one is for all the marbles.  Alternatively, submit
your CFJs to Malenkai in an orderly manner...

> 
> > > 
> > > GAL:
> > > 
> > > > 
> > > > Fortunato
> > > > ThinMan
> > > > 
> > > > Scores:
> > > > 
> > > > Crackfoo   1 (eliminated)
> > > > mr cwm     2 (eliminated)
> > > > Red Barn   1 (eliminated)
> > > > ThinMan    4
> > > > breadbox   1 (eliminated)
> > > > Rex Mundi  3 (eliminated)
> > > > /dev/joe   3 (eliminated)
> > > > Fortunato  3
> > > > two-star   1 (eliminated)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 00:08:55 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: *ping*

> Today is Thursday, the first day of January and the Machine that goes
> *ping* has gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has
> gone *ping* 5 times.

Actually, I have it down as 6 times...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Fluke:Risotto
Current Book--David Foster Wallace:Infinite Jest
It's a one-time thing; it just happens a lot.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 23:20:29 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: GAD Round of the Spider Woman

> Fortunato sent me his play (about 10 minutes) before he returned
> from vacation, so I think it fails.  This avoids the sticky
> situation of who would have gotten the Lamb that led to CFJ 364,
> which never did get a verdict in its jury trial (the only jury
> trial?).

Please note that although CFJ 364 was never decided, the issue that
CFJ 364 addressed was, by the later CFJ 376.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 13:12:51 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Friday, the second day of January and the Machine that goes *ping*
has gone *ping* today. Since I have been scholar, the Machine has gone
*ping* 7 times.

Note: Alfvaen is right, last time I had it down as five times but it should
have been six. Is it my fault if I can't count?

The Gingham Wearer (Scholar of *ping*).

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #234
********************************