Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #224
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest      Sunday, December 21 1997      Volume 02 : Number 224

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 21 Dec 1997 13:20:03 -0000
From: "The Gingham Wearer" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Machine that goes *ping*

I was down in my basement conversing with else...if and waiting for the
tornado to come when we both heard an almighty crash. At first I
thought that the tornado had started and my house was falling down.
Gibbering in panic I went and laid down in the corner and held my head
in my hands. I stayed like this until a few seconds later when
else...if tapped me on the shoulder. I turned round and e silently
pointed across the room where a rather large and elaborate machine that
neither of us had seen before was lying. Despite our collective short
time in Acka, we were both instantly certain that this was the
legendary machine that goes *ping*. A thick fog started to descend upon
the room and I went back to cowering in the corner. The next thing I
remember was awakening in a room full of steel fleas. I looked around,
anxious. "Phoebe!" I called. "Ursula!" 
The only reply was a loud booming laughter much beyond what I thought
any number of fleas, steel or otherwise, could produce. This continued
unabated and I covered my ears and closed my eyes. This seemed to make
things better so I cautiously re-opened my eyes and unblocked my ears.
The sight that greeted me was a single flea with an amplifier in a hall
of mirrors.
"Ursula?" I inquired. She nodded and started to giggle.
"Why have you brought me here?" I asked.
"Why do you think, stupid?" she replied, "I'm going to tell you the
truth behind the machine."
"Oh right, that!"
"The truth is," she continued, "IF AND ONLY IF today ** ******,
******** ** ********* *** ** *** ******* ****** ** ** THEN the Machine
That Goes *ping* shall go *ping*".

I woke up again in my basement and prepared to give else...if first aid
after he choked on the smoke from the burning chips up in the kitchen.
I felt uneasy. Why had I been whisked off by Ursula at that time? If I
hadn't surely we both would have choked to death.

The Gingham Wearer.

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #224
********************************