Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #198
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest      Sunday, November 23 1997      Volume 02 : Number 198

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 01:32:35 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Mediocrity

It has been more than six days since the beginning of the round of
Mediocrity with Red Barn as Moderator, and I do not believe that e
has posted the results of the round.  By the rules of Mediocrity, e
is therefore removed from the game.  (Is it just me, or do the timing
rules of this game seem a wee bit more inflexible than most other games?
Anyone have any suggestions to make it a bit better?)

Anyway, as soon as I can find my initial post on the game I should alert
the next Moderator so the next round can start(although I have this nagging
suspicion that it might have started already at the expiration of the
six-day limit, and the next Moderator may already have failed to perform
eir duties...I hope not, or this game will _really_ suck, in a more than
just medicore fashion).

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Peter Gabriel:Intruder
Current Book--Candas Jane Dorsey:Black Wine
I need something to take for my kleptomania.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 08:39:15 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mediocrity

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> It has been more than six days since the beginning of the round of
> Mediocrity with Red Barn as Moderator, and I do not believe that e
> has posted the results of the round.  By the rules of Mediocrity, e
> is therefore removed from the game.  (Is it just me, or do the timing
> rules of this game seem a wee bit more inflexible than most other games?
> Anyone have any suggestions to make it a bit better?)
> 
> Anyway, as soon as I can find my initial post on the game I should alert
> the next Moderator so the next round can start(although I have this nagging
> suspicion that it might have started already at the expiration of the
> six-day limit, and the next Moderator may already have failed to perform
> eir duties...I hope not, or this game will _really_ suck, in a more than
> just medicore fashion).

Checked the date.  They've got a few hours left.  Then it's my turn.

But what happens if the moderator doesn't give out the results?  How do we
know what the score is?
- --
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
"... and entirely motivated by hormones.  Works for me!" --  Freakazoid!
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <----- Imperial Nomic 27

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 01:44:50 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Mediocrity Round 2

Okay.  The six-day limit for Round 1 expired on Nov. 17th, which was when
Red Barn was removed.  Balsamic Dragon was then the next Moderator, but
e quit the game on the 19th.  Presumably this then means that the next
in the sequence, Slakko, became Moderator at that point.

Now the clause that comes into play is:

   If the Moderator fails to announce the beginning of the next round
   within three days of the end of the last round, or if player 1 fails
   to announce the beginning of the first round within three days of
   the beginning of the game, the first player to name emself Moderator
   and announce the beginning of the next round (in the same message)
   is Moderator.

So, in the interests of getting the game moving, I am hereby naming myself
Moderator and announcing the beginning of Round 2.  Slakko, Fortunato,
Vynd, send your numbers to me.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Peter Gabriel:Intruder
Current Book--Candas Jane Dorsey:Black Wine
Et quand tu ris, je ris aussi...tu aimes tellement la vie

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 10:33:15 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: *ping*

Today is Sunday, the 23rd day of November, 
and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today. 
Since I have been Scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 1 times. 

Slakko
Scholar of *ping*
- --
Duncan C. Richer - aka Slakko the Lost Warner Brother - Now Really Lost!
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
"... and entirely motivated by hormones.  Works for me!" --  Freakazoid!
http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/Nomic/27/Index.html <----- Imperial Nomic 27

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:04:16 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mediocrity Round 2

On Sun, 23 Nov 1997, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> Okay.  The six-day limit for Round 1 expired on Nov. 17th, which was when
> Red Barn was removed.  Balsamic Dragon was then the next Moderator, but
> e quit the game on the 19th.  Presumably this then means that the next
> in the sequence, Slakko, became Moderator at that point.
> 
> Now the clause that comes into play is:
> 
>    If the Moderator fails to announce the beginning of the next round
>    within three days of the end of the last round, or if player 1 fails
>    to announce the beginning of the first round within three days of
>    the beginning of the game, the first player to name emself Moderator
>    and announce the beginning of the next round (in the same message)
>    is Moderator.
> 
> So, in the interests of getting the game moving, I am hereby naming myself
> Moderator and announcing the beginning of Round 2.  Slakko, Fortunato,
> Vynd, send your numbers to me.
> 

Um, what is the legal range of numbers for us to submit after all these
changes.

                                    - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 18:57:19 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Mediocrity Round 2

> > So, in the interests of getting the game moving, I am hereby naming myself
> > Moderator and announcing the beginning of Round 2.  Slakko, Fortunato,
> > Vynd, send your numbers to me.

> Um, what is the legal range of numbers for us to submit after all these
> changes.

Oh, sorry.  1 to 6, since there are three non-Moderator players.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Eurythmics:Touch
Current Book--Candas Jane Dorsey:Black Wine
"Jean-Luc, I am Beldar.  I am also from France."

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #198
********************************