Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #179
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest     Wednesday, October 29 1997     Volume 02 : Number 179

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 11:23:19 -0700
From: "Aaron V. Humphrey" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lantern

Stutim was accustomed to heights, from years of scrambling up walls,
running across rooftops, and balancing on narrow ledges.  Which was a good
thing, because anyone more acrophobic would probably have fallen to their
doom, waking up on the side of a mountain.

What the hell?  Where was the Princess?  That damn gypsy had been lying
through his teeth.  Still, this certainly was not the cave of
mushrooms...but for all Stutim knew he'd been drugged and carried up here.

He wondered which mountain he was on.  He'd never been this far
outside the city, and never really paid much attention to the peaks
on the western horizon, and now he regretted it.  Looking eastward,
trying to get his bearings, he caught some movement out of the
corner of his eye, and glanced down(which nearly dizzied even him).
On a narrow path two hundred feet below, two figures were moving.
He thought that he recognized Welecta and the Princess.

He had to get down to them!  But there was no way he'd make it down the
mountainside to that path, especially in this cold.  He could climb down a
brick wall, but not a mountain, and not for two hundred feet.

Looking for an easier path down, he saw a cave entrance twenty feet below
him.  That, he could manage.

[Alfvaen plays: mountains]

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/)
Song In My Head--Cano:Invisible
Current Book--Stephen Leigh:Alien Tongue
When you have sour cream, everything looks like a potato.

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #179
********************************