Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #176
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Friday, October 24 1997       Volume 02 : Number 176

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 08:36:08 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lantern

ThinMan is asleep and receives a card.  It is Karma's turn.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 10:00:35 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka YORL

Stutim lay just outside of the battlements of a huge city, it was
nightfall. A guard tower stood tall to his right and two guards were
visible in the distance to his left in front of a double city gate, easily
150 feet in height. As far as he was from the city, he guessed about a half
a wheel or so, the walls of this city still seemed to tower above him, and
beyond even the walls he could see a tower looming up into the night so
immense was it that the top dissapeared, swallowed by the fog that seemed
to lurk only over this massive metropole. The face of the princess came
into his mind as he tried to grasp the enormity of the tower that lay ahead
of him.

The guards had not seen him yet and as he looked again at the guard tower
to the right he made out a single guard slumped over and decided he was
sleeping, leaving only two guards to contend with. 
As he approached the gate Stutim observed that  the guards were very loud
and didn't look at all like they were patrolling. They appeared drunk.
Above to the right he could hear the tower guard snoring generously.One of
The guards finally noticed him after he was well within dagger throwing
reach. 
"AHH.. Halt! Goo hoes shere?!" one guard slurred.
The other guard  had his back turned to Stutim thus far and span around,
which looked rather clumsy> He swayed left and right, nearly falling as he
attempted to hold out his spear menacingly. 
"Should I impale 'im now, Nobby?!" he screamed in a shreiking voice, even
though Nobby, his watchmate, was right beside him.
"No, No." Nobby answered, "'E might 'ave a passh, *hic*Grodin."
Nobby, appearing to be the senior guard when the tower guard is passed out
now adressed Stutim, "Shtate yer bishnesh *hic* stranger."
Stutim smiled, an ear to ear grin,
"Good evening esteemed city guards, is that your captain that's reposing?"
he purred.
"Yeah, 'e 'ad a long night and took unconcious sho we're letting 'im shleep
it off *hic*." Nobby answered smiling back.
"Now Nobby?! should I kill 'im now?!" Grodin offered.
"Stuff a sock in it Grodin, we aren't gonna kill this fine young lad..."
Nobby continued "What were we talking about..?"
"Feldane," Stutim volunteered "My name is Feldane, and we were discussing
how great it feels to have the captain put his trust in you enough to leave
you in charge." 

- -Karma
play (unconcious)

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 13:18:22 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka YORL

On Fri, 24 Oct 1997, Michael James wrote:

> Stutim lay just outside of the battlements of a huge city, it was
> nightfall. A guard tower stood tall to his right and two guards were
> visible in the distance to his left in front of a double city gate, easily
> 150 feet in height. As far as he was from the city, he guessed about a half
> a wheel or so, the walls of this city still seemed to tower above him, and
> beyond even the walls he could see a tower looming up into the night so
> immense was it that the top dissapeared, swallowed by the fog that seemed
> to lurk only over this massive metropole. The face of the princess came
> into his mind as he tried to grasp the enormity of the tower that lay ahead
> of him.

I am attempting to interrupt this with the card infinite.

play: infinite

> 
> -Karma
> play (unconcious)
> 
 
                                   - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 14:54:13 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka YORL

Vynd wrote:

> I am attempting to interrupt this with the card infinite.
> 
> play: infinite
> 
Interesting.  The rules do not appear to prevent an interruption from
being accepted in the case that it is submitted before the barkeep
rejects the play it is based on.  They specifically allow for an
interruption to be _submitted_ before the Barkeep rules on the base
play.  I think that could use a little patchwork.

Of course, I see through my crystal ball that Vynd's interruption is
destined for denial anyway, on other grounds.  But that thing has been
known to be wrong before.

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 18:30:03 -0400
From: "Michael James" <[email-masked]>
Subject: re acka YORL

what other grounds are you anticipating Thin Man?
- - Karma
Of course, I see through my crystal ball that Vynd's interruption is
destined for denial anyway, on other grounds.  But that thing has been
known to be wrong before.

ThinMan

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #176
********************************