Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #172
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest     Wednesday, October 15 1997     Volume 02 : Number 172

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 15:31:16 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL play

After a moment, Brusari composed himself.  "Those were dark days
for the Guardians, and for all the world.  The whole land was
demoralized by the horrific demise of the High King; in shock, really.
Solgrai and Rishent tried to rally the people with mixed success.  Then
the worst came when those two had their falling out.

"No one really knows how it happened, but before a year had passed,
Solgrai and Rishent were working more and more separately.  Before too
long they were often working at cross purposes, and from there it
escalated.  Within five years, each had claimed the High King's throne,
though neither controlled enough of the land to make such a claim
meaningful.  The ensuing war, the first of many, lasted twenty years.
The rest, as they say, is history."

Stutim was intrigued despite himself.  "And what of your people?"

"Many believed us destroyed, and that suited us well.  We have ever been
the servants of the whole land, and of the true High King.  We have kept
ourselves hidden -- searching, always searching for the cause of the
catastrophe," Brusari paused.  "And now we know."

"Well?" Stutim asked.

Brusari nodded, as if to himself.  "First things first," he declared.
"Have you forgotten the Princess?"

Stutim had, he realized with shock and embarrassment.  "By the gods!
There's no telling what Welecta might have done to her by now!"

"Time is our ally in the Dreamtime, and distance no impediment.  Close
your eyes."  Stutim complied.  "Picture the Princess.  See her in your
mind.  Now -- WAKE UP!"

Stutim jerked awake, not having realized that he was asleep.  As he
looked around he quickly realized that wherever he was, it was certainly
not the collapsing cavern where he had gone to sleep.

Play: teleport

ThinMan
Bard of the Hour

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #172
********************************