Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #169
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest       Tuesday, October 7 1997       Volume 02 : Number 169

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:46:57 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL play

Brusari gestured to a fallen log and Stutim seated himself.  Brusari,
still standing, began to speak.  "My name is Brusari.  My people call
themselves the Guardians, or sometimes the Watchers.  Some who have a
lower opinion of us" -- Brusari grimaced -- "twist the latter into
'Spies'. We trace our history back for centuries, to before the
seperation of the Solgrai and the Rishnet."

"What do you mean, 'seperation'?" Stutim demanded.  "Solgrai and Rishnet
have always been rivals, if not outright enemies!"

Brusari laughed softly, sadly.  "No, child, though there are those who
would like you to think so.  It was more than five hundred years ago,
now, but the whole land was once ruled by one High King.  Solgrai was
the name of the last High King's son, and Rishnet was the name of his
advisor.  The Guardians held a place of honor in the society of that
day.  We," Brusari  smiled, " -- THEY -- protected noble and commoner
alike, righted injustices, and watched against the coming of all things
evil or malign. But they didn't watch well enough," Brusari sighed,
gazing off into the distance as if seeing those long ago events with his
own eyes.

"The Guardians chief seer forcast a dire threat to the High King, but
could not identify it.  The very next day, the High King was slain.  The
stories vary, but all accounts describe the razing of the entire city by
an enormous, three-headed, three-eyed beast colored midnight blue.  They
say it stood taller than the palace.  A credible witness reported seeing
the the High King himself disappear into its maw."

Stutium gaped -- Brusari was silently crying.

Play: really big blue thing

ThinMan

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #169
********************************