Subject: acka-games-digest V2 #143
From: [email-masked] (acka-games-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-games-digest      Wednesday, August 20 1997      Volume 02 : Number 143

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 08:11:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Joining

>I wish to join the game of Viruses when the Balsamic Dragon takes the
>position.

  I, too.

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 1997 22:35:10 +0000
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses Referee?

> From:          [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
> 
> I'm not sure, but I believe that CarsesraC is no longer the referee of
> Viruses.  If this is the case, then, once again, we need a referee.  Once
> again, I offer to supply software or just do the work myself; all the
> referee really needs to do is collect the moves privately within the
> prescribed interval, and anyone can impartially determine the next
> round's board with that information, the last round's board, and the rules.
> 
> Any takers?  Or should we just scrap it and start a new game?

I give Alfvaen my full support.
I have only the time to be an observer. And with this message I 
ask to change my status from ??? to observer.

CarsesraC

 

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:11:40 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Joining

> >I wish to join the game of Viruses when the Balsamic Dragon takes the
> >position.
> 
>   I, too.
> 
Me too. Hey, this is just like Usenet ;-).

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 12:50:28 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Joining

> > 
> Me too. Hey, this is just like Usenet ;-).
> 
> Rex Mundi.

Make that three new players.  Please see my previous post on the state of
the game.

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 16:53:30 -0400
From: "Vivian Norwood" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Viruses

> > A.K.A. TheWiz wrote:
> 
> > >   I think I was one?  Fine, I am now.  '!', ***, ***, ***, and
'ascii' has
> > > two 'i's.

> I remember doing this with my first move in the game of Viruses; I think
> that what was decided then was that since it wasn't sent privately to the
> referee it didn't count, and I should send it(or a different move)in
again.
> 

As far as I can tell, this is correct.  Red Barn's move does not count
unless it is a private e-mail to the referree, so ignore the public post.

Balsamic Dragon

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:17:48 -0600 (MDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Lantern

The tunnel Welecta and the princess had fled into sloped downward into the
bowels of the temple, where the sounds of collapse started to fade away.
Stutim was glad--he wouldn't want to be trapped down here.

As he thought that, he heard grinding noises from behind him, and the
triple howls of the behemoth Welecta had called Zoorgandothram.  He cursed;
the beast must be following him into the tunnel, and since it would only
barely fit, it would cause more damage to the catacombs' structure as it
did so.  He could only hope for a passage so narrow that it would get
jammed therein.

Unfortunately, it opened out into a large cavern, larger than Stutim would
have expected; he didn't think he'd gone that far down.  Furthermore, there
was a large chasm before him, spanned only by a narrow rock bridge.  He
halted momentarily, then leapt forward, a desperate plan coming to him as
he heard the behemoth getting nearer.

The bridge was indeed narrow, but he'd walked ledges ten times narrower.
And obviously Welecta and the princess had made it across.  Stutim reached
the other side just as Zoorgandothram entered the cavern.  Its head was
lowered to sniff the ground, and Stutim realized it was hunting him by
scent.  Soon it had reached the bridge, and stepped carefully out onto the
narrow span.

Alfvaen plays: bridge

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--No Doubt:Tragic Kingdom
Current Book--Isaac Asimov:Life And Energy
No generalization is true, not even this one.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 00:33:16 +0100
From: "Gavin Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: *ping*

Today is Wednesday, the 20th day of August, in the Year of Our Lord 1997,
and the Machine That Goes *ping* Has Gone *ping* today.  Since I have been
Scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 4 times.

Rex Mundi,
Scholar of *ping*
On time, this time  

------------------------------

End of acka-games-digest V2 #143
********************************