Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #125
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest     Thursday, July 24 1997     Volume 02 : Number 125

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 00:05:35 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel

Alfvaen, Ghost Referee, wrote:
> I've never done this before, but I gather that using the Official
> Dictionary, the 213,557 word thingy, is satisfactory. 
[...]
> (I just checked the MarlDOOM thing, and it says that "nonsuicidal" and
> "sui" are not words, but "suicide" and "suicidal" are.  The verdict is
> clear in this case, but in general are we supposed to use the union of the
> two, the intersection, one or the other, or what?)

The union.

From the web-harfer rule (a duty of the web-harfer):

  To select and maintain one or more links to on-line Dictionaries of
  the English language. The term "Official Dictionary", as used elsewhere
  in the rules, shall be construed to mean the union of these Dictionaries.

This was put here specifically because the 1st official dictionary is
lacking in some very odd places, and the marldoom dictionary catches most
of the simple words that are missing from the other one, but is lacking
in longer words.  We couldn't find one single dictionary we really liked.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 21:52:11 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Duel 

>>  BTW, I almost challeneged you on "sui"
>
>Words of 3 or less characters are safe, I believe.  That OSPD has
>every 3 letter combination that exists in it ;-)
>
>Malenkai

Now that you mention it, I remember that clause.  Boy, would my face have
been red if I challenged :)

Mr. Fringe

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 22:04:46 -0500 (CDT)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern

> It was very big, extremely big.  It looked like it was asleep, since it's
> eyes were closed, all three of them.  Rather an odd number, since it had
> three heads, but there he was pretty sure they were eyes anyway...

	I am attempting to interrupt this with "behemoth".

- -- 
Chaos

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #125
*************************************