Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #122
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest     Saturday, July 19 1997     Volume 02 : Number 122

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 23:42:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern

Just as Stutim wsa passing through the gate, one of his escorts screamed
and collapsed to the ground.

"Sniper!" shouted an officer.  "Everyone do.." he crumpled to the ground,
bleeding from the throat.  Stutim started to run down the street as the
security men, there were real military troops as well, Stutim realized,
started firing into the darkness outside the city.

Stutim's instincts were better than those of the soldiers, he had gone
barely a block when a thunderous explosion rocked the gate, blasting one
of the doors off it's hinges and throwing him to the ground.  Through the
smoke and flames, Stutim could see armed men advancing towards the gate.
He got up and ran even faster.

Panting and in pain, Stutim reached the Temple.  This district of the city
seemed relatively calm, perhaps because of the large burnt out area he had
passed through on his way.  However long he had been gone, things had
gotten very bad in the meantime.

No sooner had Stutim reached the door than he was ushered inside by temple
guardsmen.  They led him, mutely, far into the inner sanctum, until
finally they reached Welecta's private chambers and left him.

Welecta stood in the doorway. "Ah, finaly you have returned.  I *knew* you
would, of course, but the wait was getting tiresome.  Do come in, my dear
boy, we have much to talk about..."  Stutim, too tired to think, followed
him in.  He saw the Princess standing in a corner, staring blankly at the
diamond ring on her hand.  "What the..."  Stutim whirled, but too late.
Welecta whaped him across the head with a desk lamp, and the much abused
Stutim collapsed into darkness.

play: desk lamp

                                - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #122
*************************************