Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #96
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest     Saturday, June 21 1997     Volume 02 : Number 096

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 00:15:13 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lantern

Since I don't want to write this whole thing myself, and I don't want to
totally use up my playable cards, I will pass.  I also elect not to discard
any cards.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--They Might Be Giants:Sapphire Bullets of Pure Love
Current Book--Jo Clayton:The Snares of Ibex
a^n+b^n=c^n. No solutions for n>2, as can be seen by |#@}NO_CARRI

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 02:18:40 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern

> Since I don't want to write this whole thing myself, and I don't want to
> totally use up my playable cards, I will pass.  I also elect not to discard
> any cards.

Can you do that before the segment is adjudicated?  I do not think
so, but need to check.  IAC, I have not gotten to it yet.

Malenkai
Barkeep

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 02:28:42 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern

> As the priest scurried away, Welecta considered the rest of his plan.  The
> Princess was slowly being turned away from all the eligible suitors.  Her
> romantic streak and headstrong nature made her all too easily controllable.
> This Stutim, with his romantic past, all that her parents would forbid her
> in a mate, would be irresistible to her.  Now all that he needed, should
> the thief prove a bachelor, was to bring them together.

I was planning on denying this anyway, so I'll make the time tonite.
The problem is that I do not see that a bachelor was introduced in this
segment.  We don't know if he is a bachelor, and that doubt is important
to the rest of the story.  It seems reasonable to assume that someone
could interrupt, continue with the story, and have him *not* have been
a bachelor, or kill him, whatever, thus validating a thread that no
bachelor was introduced in this segment.  Moreover, even if he is a
bachelor, he was introduced *last* segment.  While this point may be 
a bit nit-picky, it combined with the doubt of his bachelorhood gives me
reason to deny it.  They were some well-written segments, though.

I hope this is not too nit-picky, but I have never done this before.
I just don't *feel* bachelor was played either.

I do not have time to do the game state tonite, it is /dev/joe's turn.

Malenkai
Barkeep

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 01:00:02 -0700
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Machine That Goes *ping* 

Today is Friday, the 20th day of June, in the Year of Our Lord 1997,
and the Machine That Goes *ping* has gone *ping* today. Since I have
been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 5 times.

breadbox
scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 21:30:36 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lantern

I wish I had more time last night to explain my rationale for denying
"bachelor".  From the rules:

> Generally, it is insufficient simply to discuss an item (it must be
> present), to mention the possibility of an event (it must take place),

IAC, "bachelor" is burned, and Alfvaen receives 2 cards.  The game 
state is:

    Alfvaen            (6 cards)
- --> /dev/joe           (7 cards)
    Voting Gnome       (7 cards)
    Vynd               (7 cards)
    Mohammed           (7 cards)
    ThinMan            (7 cards)
    Red Barn           (7 cards)
    You can call me Al (7 cards)

    Remaining Cards: 28
    Loose Ends:
        Prophecy

    Burned Cards: 2

Malenkai
Barkeep

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 21:24:36 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Lantern

> I wish I had more time last night to explain my rationale for denying
> "bachelor".  From the rules:
> 
> > Generally, it is insufficient simply to discuss an item (it must be
> > present), to mention the possibility of an event (it must take place),

Oh, well.  My entire plot to date was based on the effort to try to work
"bachelor" into my story.  I'm not unhappy to be rid of it.  :-)  Let's see
where other people go with the plot.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Current Album--Cyndi Lauper:Twelve Deadly Cyns
Current Book--Jo Clayton:The Snares of Ibex
This writing is all fake, so you should go away and not read any of it.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 23:58:33 -0500 (CDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <devjoe>
Subject: Acka: YORL play

Stutim awoke, dazed, finding himself lying on the floor inside the temple.

A young priest approached him, with a bandage clearly intended to replace
the one he now noticed was wrapped around his head.  The priest removed
the bloody bandage and cleaned the cut.  "Ah, good to see you awake.
You took a pretty nasty spill out there, but your only serious injury is
this gash on your forehead.  You fared much better than Father Favnale,
whose leg -- now broken -- prevented you from splitting your head
completely open on the edge of our door.  By the way, my name's Duncan."
Duncan wrapped the new bandage around Stutim's head, and left him to rest.

A short while later, Duncan returned with a tray of food.  Stutim
gratefully accepted the meal.  While he ate, Duncan said to him,
"If you feel up to walking a bit, our High Priest would like to speak
with you a bit after you finish your meal."  Stutim worried somewhat
about this, but agreed anyway, finished devouring his simple meal, and
followed Duncan.

Duncan introduced Stutim to the High Priest, Welecta.  Welecta spoke in a
deep, hearty voice: "I'm told you've got a reputation of being a thief!"
Stutim shuddered, regretting he didn't just run away after the meal.
In a quiet voice, he finally managed to utter, "Yes, some say that."
Welecta grinned.  "In particular, you're accused of being the one who
tried unsuccessfully to steal the Nives Diamond last summer, and so
narrowly escaped."  Stutim noticed that the young priest had locked the
one door to the chamber with a key.  "You've caught me.  I surrender."

play: accusation

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #96
************************************