Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #94
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest    Wednesday, June 18 1997    Volume 02 : Number 094

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 22:35:07 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 8 Results 

Grab A donkey round 8 has ended.  Round 9 is begining.  Please send your
moves to [email-masked].  Include GAD or Donkey somewhere in the
subject line.   Please note that there is no note for Vynd here :)

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for... The results:

Red Barn covered his Donkey.
Robert Sevin covered his Donkey.
Techno admired his donkey.

ThinMan attempted to grab Red Barn's Donkey.

Voting Gnome has the little lamb.

The current GAL is:

Red Barn (3)
Robert Sevin (3)
Techno
ThinMan (3)

SPECIAL BONUS END-OF-PAGE MESSAGE!!!!  IF YOU ARE ON THE ABOVE LIST BE
BRAVE AND SEND ME A MOVE!!  WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE BUT YOUR DONKEY???
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY BACK IF NOT SATISFIED.  ACT NOW!  OFFER EXPIRES IN THREE
DAYS!

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 01:00:03 -0700
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Machine That Goes *ping* 

Today is Tuesday, the 17th day of June, in the Year of Our Lord 1997,
and the Machine That Goes *ping* has gone *ping* today. Since I have
been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 3 times.

breadbox
scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:19:32 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 8 Results

I cover my donkey.  Blast that Techno!

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:20:04 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 8 Results

I grab Robert Sevin's donkey.  Blast that Techno!

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:20:28 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 8 Results

I grab Red Barn's Donkey.  Blast that Techno!

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 08:20:54 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 8 Results

I grab Techno's Donkey.  Serves him right!

ThinMan

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:26:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 8 Results

>
>I grab Robert Sevin's donkey.  Blast that Techno!
>
>ThinMan

  Probably shouldn't have sent this to the list. :-)

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:29:17 -0400 (EDT)
From: "A.K.A. TheWiz" <[email-masked]>
Subject: YORL: Interrupts?

  Under what circumnstances and by what players may an interrupt be
played?

____________________________________________________________________________
|The Mauve Baron|  Beep  [email-masked] * http://www.bergen.org/~dankna|
|---------------|  Blip  |-------------------------------------------------|
|   Dan Knapp   |  Bonk  |     This notice copyright (C)1997 Dan Knapp     |
- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 10:19:54 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: YORL: Interrupts?

>   Under what circumnstances and by what players may an interrupt be
> played?

Any player can play an interrupt, if e has a story element card which is
mentioned in the last segment played.  (For instance, with my last segment
one could play "thief" or "temple"...)  Then that card is burned, and then
it is eir turn to play eir own story element card.

(Actually, I suppose I'm not sure if, in the current rules a)a player can
interrupt emself, or b)if multiple interrupts can be called on a single
play.)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Simon & Garfunkel:I Am A Rock
Current Book--Jo Clayton:The Snares of Ibex
"I can't come to bed!  I'm glued to a tax demand!"  [Freddy, "Noises Off"]

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:15:15 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Lantern

[I thank the Barkeep for his leniency; this segment should, if accepted,
tie the two previous ones together.]

"You're sure?"

The priest nodded vigorously.  "Most sure, O High Priest.  He fits the
description perfectly.  Even to the birthmark on his back, which he seems
quite unaware of."

Welecta nodded.  "I always thought there was a bastard or two running
around, and as I read the prophecy, they will satisfy the conditions
perfectly.  But just to be sure...do you know if he is married?"

The priest blinked.  "Married?"

"He must be unmarried.  If he has been...then he is of no use to us.
The first thing you must do is find out."

As the priest scurried away, Welecta considered the rest of his plan.  The
Princess was slowly being turned away from all the eligible suitors.  Her
romantic streak and headstrong nature made her all too easily controllable.
This Stutim, with his romantic past, all that her parents would forbid her
in a mate, would be irresistible to her.  Now all that he needed, should
the thief prove a bachelor, was to bring them together.

Alfvaen plays: bachelor

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--OMD:Native Daughters of The Golden West
Current Book--Jo Clayton:The Snares of Ibex
Chipmunks roasting on an open fire...

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #94
************************************