Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #72
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest      Friday, May 23 1997      Volume 02 : Number 072

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 23:05:25 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 6 Results 

Grab A donkey round 6 has ended.  Round 7 is begining.  Please send your
moves to [email-masked].  Include GAD or Donkey somewhere in the
subject line.   Please note, Vynd, that this whole promising bit has gotten
a little old.

And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for... The results:

/dev/joe  covered his Donkey.
ThinMan covered his Donkey.

IdiotBoy attempted to grab Techno's Donkey.
Red Barn attempted to grab Techno's Donkey.

Robert Sevin grabbed You can call me Al's Donkey.

The rest of the players admired their donkeys.  I remember someone grabbing
the little lamb, but right now I can't remember who. Unless it's Alfonso,
it doesn't affect the game state.

The current GAL is:

/dev/joe
Idiotboy (1?)
Malenkai (1)
Red Barn (2)
Robert Sevin (3)
Techno
ThinMan (2?)

SPECIAL BONUS END-OF-PAGE MESSAGE!!!!  IF YOU ARE ON THE ABOVE LIST BE
BRAVE AND SEND ME A MOVE!!  WHAT HAVE YOU GOT TO LOSE BUT YOUR DONKEY???
TRIPLE YOUR MONEY BACK IF NOT SATISFIED.  ACT NOW!  OFFER EXPIRES IN THREE
DAYS!

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:06:36 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Mediocrity, Some Clarifications

Okay, I think I've been a bit confused about how Mediocrity actually works.
The Moderator in each round does _not_ participate(in retrospect, it seems
a bit silly, because I get to see everyone's numbers); thus, only three
players are participating each round, and the valid range of submissions is
1 to 6.  Anyone who sent me a submission outside this range should send it
again.

Oh, yeah, and since some of you have asked, only _positive integers_ are
allowed.  (No, pi^2 is not a valid submission.  :-)  (Well, technically the
rules say "positive eintegers", but there's some kind of rule about using
the most likely interpretation of misspelled words...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--Rush:Scars
Current Book--C.S. Friedman:Black Sun Rising
With fronds like you, who needs anemones?

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:13:19 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mediocrity, Some Clarifications

Somehow I missed the Announcement of this game.  I would like to join at
the earliest legal convenience.

IB
Hofstadter rules.

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Aaron Humphrey wrote:

> 
> Okay, I think I've been a bit confused about how Mediocrity actually works.
> The Moderator in each round does _not_ participate(in retrospect, it seems
> a bit silly, because I get to see everyone's numbers); thus, only three
> players are participating each round, and the valid range of submissions is
> 1 to 6.  Anyone who sent me a submission outside this range should send it
> again.
> 
> Oh, yeah, and since some of you have asked, only _positive integers_ are
> allowed.  (No, pi^2 is not a valid submission.  :-)  (Well, technically the
> rules say "positive eintegers", but there's some kind of rule about using
> the most likely interpretation of misspelled words...)
> 
> 
> --
> --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
> Song In My Head--Rush:Scars
> Current Book--C.S. Friedman:Black Sun Rising
> With fronds like you, who needs anemones?
> 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:25:09 -0600 (MDT)
From: Aaron Humphrey <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mediocrity, Some Clarifications

> Somehow I missed the Announcement of this game.  I would like to join at
> the earliest legal convenience.

Unfortunately, the game makes no provisions for players joining once a game
is already in progress.  Which it is, just barely.  I had hoped for a
couple more players myself...:-/  It looks like you will have to wait for
this game to be over, or start your own(since there can certainly be two
running concurrently, and nothing forbids there from being overlapping
players, even...)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.terranet.ab.ca/~aaron/)
Song In My Head--The Buggles:Elstree
Current Book--C.S. Friedman:Black Sun Rising
You never told me about the hamster in your hair.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:30:41 -0400 (EDT)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Mediocrity, Some Clarifications

On Thu, 22 May 1997, Aaron Humphrey wrote:

> Unfortunately, the game makes no provisions for players joining once a game
> is already in progress.  Which it is, just barely.  I had hoped for a
> couple more players myself...:-/  It looks like you will have to wait for
> this game to be over, or start your own(since there can certainly be two
> running concurrently, and nothing forbids there from being overlapping
> players, even...)
> 
> 

Well, hell, I oughta be able to make a more Medicore game than you, any
day.

IB

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 11:38:00 -0700
From: LISA GRIFFITH <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Vacation Notification

My first post!

I'm going on vacation for two weeks.

Joon

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 23:51:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Grab-A-Donkey Round 6 Results

On Wed, 21 May 1997, Phil Ackley wrote:

> Grab A donkey round 6 has ended.  Round 7 is begining.  Please send your
> moves to [email-masked].  Include GAD or Donkey somewhere in the
> subject line.   Please note, Vynd, that this whole promising bit has gotten
> a little old.
> 

So noted.

                                   - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #72
************************************