Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #56
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest      Thursday, May 1 1997      Volume 02 : Number 056

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 09:29:55 -0700
From: [email-masked] (fnord)
Subject: Acka: *ping*

I return to my home from whereever it is the Game State currently says
I am.  As I walk in my door, I nearly stub my toe on a product of
advanced technology, covered in buttons, lights and switches.  As I
look at the device, I can almost hear the future echoes of a strange
noise.  I gaze with awe at the device, overcome with joy at gaining
the privilege of studying the Machine that goes *ping*.

However, as I deftly avoided stubbing my toe on the Machine (what a
sacrilege that would have been) I trip over my other leg, and fall
down, hitting my head against the wall containing my plaque which
proudly proclaims my popehood.  I sink to the floor, unconscious.

I think I get myself up off the floor, but I must be in a dream, as I'm
in the original House of the Techno-Discordians, in Philadelphia, not
here in my home in Acka.  I look up and see Mughi, the cat, staring at me.
She says "Follow Me" then walks up the stairs.  I do so, and when we reach
J's room, she leaps up onto his Mac IImonstrosity.  But that's not the
machine that's there.  Instead, it is the Machine That Goes *ping*
onto which Mughi had leapt.  The lights flash, and I understand what it
means.  It is saying to me...

IF AND ONLY IF today ** * *** ****** ** ***** * **** ***** ** **********,
THEN the Machine That Goes *ping* shall go *ping*.

After that, Mughi and I sat down to watch a few episodes of Ranma 1/2,
and then Project A-Ko.  I fell asleep as we began to watch Vampire Hunter D,
and woke up, back in my house in Acka.

fnord
Scholar of *ping*
(just to be sure, this is Wednesday, and the machine won't *ping* or
not *ping* until tomorrow, Thursday.)

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #56
************************************