Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #51
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest     Friday, April 25 1997     Volume 02 : Number 051

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 10:32:11 -0900
From: Phil Ackley <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary Guess 

After a delightful rumination from our braniac on the spirit of the game
and why it is important that each and ever bluffer should vote, I have
decided to do so.  As a matter of fact, I am casting my vote for #4.

snowgod
"I played an epic game of fictionary, and all I got was this stup tag line"

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 13:00:06 -0700
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary Results 

Thank you, snowgod. To recap, here were the definitions:

1. Possessing a wavy or ruffled edge; wavy or ruffled.
2. An explosive mixture in the form of a colloid, often used by
   British construction crews in the late 19th century.
3. Sophistical.
4. A type of brick, characterized by its yellowish color.
5. A bright blue semiprecious gem.

The true meaning of "ceratine" is definition three: "sophistical".
(Sophistical, by the way, is apparently just an alternate form of
sophistic.) Here are the results:

             Wrote    Voted For
/dev/joe       5          2
snowgod        2          4
ThinMan        1          4
Malenkai       4          2

I have to admit that this round did not go at all as I expected. I had
guessed that /dev/joe's definition would receive the most votes. Shows
what I know. Anyway, here are the results:

5a.i: Each Bluffer receives 1 Gamepoint for every player other than
      himself who voted for his definition.

Thus snowgod and Malenkai receive two Gamepoints apiece.
   
5a.ii: A Bluffer receives 2 Gamepoints if he voted for the Actual
       Definition.

Nobody this time.

5a.iii: If no one voted for the Actual Definition, the Brainiac
        receives 2 Gamepoints.

That would be me.

              Previous   Round 16   Total
/dev/joe         28          0        28
snowgod           9          2        11
Thinman          11          0        11
xebra bod        22          2        24
Malenkai         13          2        15

Only ThinMan submitted an adjectival definition, and thus all others
are subject to ridicule.

I hereby pass the title of Brainiac on to Malenkai, who will be the
last player to hold it for the seventeenth round of this, our
four-going-on-five-month-long game. Take it away, Malenkai!

xebra bod

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 24 Apr 1997 22:35:03 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fictionary

The Ing word is "korin".  Submit your definitions privately.

Malenkai
Brainiac

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #51
************************************