Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #42
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest    Wednesday, April 16 1997    Volume 02 : Number 042

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 01:44:22 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fictionary

Phil Ackley wrote:

> 3) A game in which one person or side must find a rhyme to a
>    word or a line of verse given by another.

I vote for 3.

Malenkai
hoping Fictionary dies before P 1926 comes around

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 09:09:01 -0500
From: "Bollinger, John C." <[email-masked]>
Subject: RE: Acka: The Machine That Goes *ping*

As did Guy Fawkes once before me, I must sadly admit that I have
broken the Rules -- the Machine went *ping* yesterday, and I
neglected to announce it.  Here is what I should have written
yesterday:

Today is Tuesday, the 15th day of April, in the Year of Our Lord 1997,
and the Machine That Goes *ping* has gone *ping* today. Since I have
been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 5 times.

Nevertheless, I happily and in conformance with the rules also
report:

Today is Wednesday, the 16th day of April, in the Year of Our Lord 1997,
and the Machine That Goes *ping* has gone *ping* today. Since I have
been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 6 times.

ThinMan
Scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:28:23 -0400
From: Malenkai <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: *ping* (snowgod)

The Scholar of *ping* wrote:

> As did Guy Fawkes once before me, I must sadly admit that I have
> broken the Rules -- the Machine went *ping* yesterday, and I
> neglected to announce it. 

Rule 1209:

> Should it ever be publically knowable that the current Scholar has
> violated any part of this rule during the current Scholar's term,
> the Machine immediately randomly teleports itself to another active
> player's Home.

Sorry :(.  I think I agree with breadbox that this may have been a bad 
amendment.  At the time, it seemed better to eliminate the cumbersome
CFCJ procedure when the Scholar went awol.  If anyone has a decent 
solution, go for it.

The Machine has teleported to snowgod's abode.

Malenkai

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 16 Apr 1997 17:36:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: *ping* (snowgod)

>> Should it ever be publically knowable that the current Scholar has
>> violated any part of this rule during the current Scholar's term,
>> the Machine immediately randomly teleports itself to another active
>> player's Home.
> 
> Sorry :(.  I think I agree with breadbox that this may have been a bad 
> amendment.  At the time, it seemed better to eliminate the cumbersome
> CFCJ procedure when the Scholar went awol.  If anyone has a decent 
> solution, go for it.

I agree that it seemed a good idea at the time - I'm pretty sure that
I voted for it, in fact. But I think the best solution would be to go
back to using the CFCJ mechanism. It pretty much has the same effect,
but it allows mistakes that don't bother anyone to slide by.

Since ThinMan must now post the Truth of the Machine, I'd like to take
a stab at it first. Was it anything like:

IF AND ONLY IF today the day of the week contains one quiet letter or
one dipthong, THEN The Machine That Goes *ping* will go *ping*.

?

breadbox
Student of *ping*

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #42
************************************