Subject: Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #20
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Games Digest)
To: acka-games-digest

Ackanomic Games Digest     Tuesday, March 25 1997     Volume 02 : Number 020

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 01:00:02 -0800
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: The Machine That Goes *ping* 

Today is Monday, the 24th day of March, in the Year of Our Lord 1997,
and the Machine That Goes *ping* has gone *ping* today. Since I have
been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 6 times.

breadbox
scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 10:02:15 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Machine That Goes *ping*

On Mon, 24 Mar 1997, Brian Raiter wrote:

> Today is Monday, the 24th day of March, in the Year of Our Lord 1997,
> and the Machine That Goes *ping* has gone *ping* today. Since I have
> been scholar, the Machine has gone *ping* 6 times.
> 
> breadbox
> scholar of *ping*
> 

Well, I don't have the rules in front of me, so I could be doing this all
wrong.  With that said, I'd like to buy the letter r.

                                 - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 08:18:33 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: The Machine That Goes *ping*

> Well, I don't have the rules in front of me, so I could be doing
> this all wrong.  With that said, I'd like to buy the letter r.

You are doing it wrong. You're supposed to be much more fawning and
obeisant.

Anyway, I presume that you are asking me if the Truth of the Machine
That Goes *ping* contained any Rs. If so, then I must say, this is a
stroke of brilliance. I have spent all this time contemplating the
Machine, and what little we know of its Truth, and not once did it
occur to me: "Hey! Are there any Rs in this Truth?"  What a simple,
yet elegant approach to deciphering! Vynd, you're a genius.

So, when I gazed upon the Truth, and considered whether or not each
symbol was an R, I discovered no less than four of them in fact were.
To wit:

"IF AND ONLY IF Today *** ******** ** *****r* ** *** ****'* r****
****r** ** * ****r*, THEN The Machine That Goes *ping* shall go
*ping*."

breadbox
scholar of *ping*

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Games Digest V2 #20
************************************