Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #95
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest        Monday, June 8 1998        Volume 03 : Number 095

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 02:33:54 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Otzma: Ouch!

Koxvolio correctly reported to me that e did not have enough money to pay
for all his Otzma Cards won at Auction.

Given that I listed each auction on a separate line, it is a reasonable
interpretation that each auction was called an infinitesimal amount of
time after the one on the line preceding it (except for the first one).
Therefore e ran out of money for the Shield card, the last one he
acquired.

This voids the Shield auction, and requires that it be called again.

There is now an auction for 2 Otzma Cards of Type Shield.
Public Auction, minimum bid A$0.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 02:40:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Otzma: Ouch!

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

>There is now an auction for 2 Otzma Cards of Type Shield.
>Public Auction, minimum bid A$0.

I bid A$10

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 05:56:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Gifts

I hereby gift Alfvaen two of my trinkets, namely the "Bottle of
Bacardi" (A$151) and the "A Pat on The Back" (A$25), as a token of my
thanks.

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 21:21:38 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Stock Market News:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect tomorrow:

	Current Value: 33.7
	Positivity Value:19.5
	Activity Value: 14.2

	Change Today: +1.5
	Change in Positivity: -0.1
	Change in Activity: +1.6
	Percentage Change: +4.7%
	Activities Today: 13

	P-Setting: 0.1
	N-Setting: 0.2
	A-Setting: 0.2
	D-Setting: 0.125

Market News:
	In an ironic twist, today's announced proposals, the first to be
announced under the current Reserve Settings, were almost perfectly
matched, shifting the positivity down by a mere tenth of a point.

Reserve News:
	The Reserve was in confusion today as it moved to its fancy new
building.  As the opening ceremony began, Reserve Chair else...if stood
proudly in front of the building, grasping the shears which would cut the
ribbon wrapped around the building.  As he attempted to cut it however, his
left hand, apparantly operating under the control of if, attempted to
maneuver the shears to slice else off.  A battle ensued between the two
heads before a number of Stock Market workers grabbed the shears away from
them.  The ribbon was then cut by the Vice Chair in charge of P-setting
Analyses.

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 21:22:14 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Up, Up, and Awry

I offer my Spell Book of Chorg and A$7 to Dennis and Edna, and would like
to request a Silver Spaceship if I may.

- - 867-5309

Push to test. Release to detonate.

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 08 Jun 1998 23:15:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Up, Up, and Awry

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Joseph W. DeVincentis wrote:

> After checking to be sure that there are no Lions inside the Spaceship, I
> offer the Spell Book of Chorg I just received from 867-5309 and the Silver
> Spaceship just created from that book's page 5 to 867-5309.  I hope you
> have your poetry ready, Jenny, because this ship only lasts 3 days.

I accept both offers.

- - 867-5309

"Hold me closer, Tony Danza. Count the headlights on the highway." 

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #95
*********************************