Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #87
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest        Sunday, May 17 1998        Volume 03 : Number 087

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 01:36:50 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: BWG

The BWG laser I was building is. Auction Starts. Minimum bid A$ 0.

I bid A$ 1

K 2

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 01:40:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: BWG

On Sun, 17 May 1998, K2 wrote:

> The BWG laser I was building is. Auction Starts. Minimum bid A$ 0.
> 
> I bid A$ 1
> 
> K 2
> 
> 

I bid A$5

                             - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 01:42:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: BWG

On Sun, 17 May 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
>
>I bid A$5

I bid A$7 (just for kicks).

I offer /dev/joe A$35 for his OC Map Shard.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to sieze the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 01:44:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: BWG

On Sun, 17 May 1998, JT wrote:

> On Sun, 17 May 1998, John Frederic Mc Coy wrote:
> >
> >I bid A$5
> 
> I bid A$7 (just for kicks).
> 

OK then, I bid A$11.

                                     - Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 01:45:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: BWG

JT wrote:
> I offer /dev/joe A$35 for his OC Map Shard.

I accept.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 05:15:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stock Stuff & Related Transactions

I sell one stock for cash.
This nets me A$171 at least (depending upon what the current activity
value is).

My current cash is just over A$3200 in the thread where I do not have an
infinite number of points.

I create a trinket, valued at A$3100, called the "Feather Bed", with the
following description:

"It is a full-size four-poster bed, with a lovely gold-leaf covered
canopy.  The mattress is particularly comfortable, and contains a hidden
compartment where money may be stored.  An essential addition to any
gangster bedroom suite, it comes courtesy of the folks at the Frobozz
Swiss Bank Alternative Company.  Valued at A$3100."

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 08:03:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: BWG

> OK then, I bid A$11.

I bid A$30 for the BWG laser.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 08:49:29 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Stock Stuff & Related Transactions

> My current cash is just over A$3200 in the thread where I do not have an
> infinite number of points.

Wrong! Wrong! Wrong! Absolutely Brimming over with wrongability! :)

Slakko has A$ 3013. Thus this did not work :

> I create a trinket, valued at A$3100, called the "Feather Bed", with the
> following description:
>
> "It is a full-size four-poster bed, with a lovely gold-leaf covered
> canopy.  The mattress is particularly comfortable, and contains a hidden
> compartment where money may be stored.  An essential addition to any
> gangster bedroom suite, it comes courtesy of the folks at the Frobozz
> Swiss Bank Alternative Company.  Valued at A$3100."
>
> Yours,
> Slakko
> --
> Duncan C. "" Richer aka
> Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
> Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
> Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 11:31:45 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stock Stuff & Related Transactions

I sell one stock for cash.
This nets me A$171 at least (depending upon what the current activity
value is).

I now have over A$3100.  So there.

I create a trinket, valued at A$3100, called the "Feather Bed", with the
following description:

"It is a full-size four-poster bed, with a lovely gold-leaf covered
canopy.  The mattress is particularly comfortable, and contains a hidden
compartment where money may be stored.  An essential addition to any
gangster bedroom suite, it comes courtesy of the folks at the Frobozz
Swiss Bank Alternative Company.  Valued at A$3100."

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 19:30:52 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: BWG

>I bid A$30 for the BWG laser.
>
I bid 50A$.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 17 May 1998 21:08:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Stock Market News:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect tomorrow:

	Current Value: 181.3
	Positivity Value:151.2
	Activity Value: 30.1

	Change Today -0.6
	Change in Positivity: +0.0
	Change in Activity: -0.6
	Percentage Change: -0.3%
	Activities Today: 4

Market News:
	The market dropped one third of a point today, closing at 181.3.

Reserve News:
	Today was a busy day for the Reserve, as the AR-P took office under
the new stock market rules.  Idiot Boy, the first AR-P, supported else's
reform measures by agreeing to change the P-setting to 0.05 and the
N-setting to 0.2.  if has criticizes the changes be describing them as
insufficient, and charging that "they market could continueue to go up;
insufficient action has been taken to ensure a decrease."  else denies the
charges, arguing that the market should "still be left up to fate, but be
encouraged to decrease."
	In other news, the Reserve resurrected its web page, citing "the
recovery of a long-damaged hard drive."  The page has been redesigned to
support the many changes made since its last update on March 8th.  The
Reserve hastens to add that the page is preliminary, and that a number of
changes are expected before a final design is selected.

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #87
*********************************