Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #81
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest        Monday, May 11 1998        Volume 03 : Number 081

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 06:52:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fin: AR-F (2)

JT wrote:

> On Wed, 6 May 1998, Mitchell Harding wrote:
> >>>I hereby call an Auction Them Entities auction on whatever Ackanomic
> >>>Reserve seat is in the Treasury.  Minimum bid of A$30, just to save
> >>>time.  :-)

I wanna know what's going on, please explain  ;)

Ackan reserve seat in the treasury, hmmmm
There is an optional functional office with one seat known as Chair of the
Ackan Reserve, or AR-C.
Nope

There is an optional political office known as the People's Member of the Ackan
Reserve, or AR-P.
Nope

There is an optional office known as the Financial Communitie's Member of the
Ackan Reserve, or AR-F.
If the rules fail to specify the type of an office, that office is a Political
Office.
Nope

> >>
> >>I bid A$30.
> >
> >I bid A$70.
>
> I bid A$80.
>
> --JT
>
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to sieze the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 08:24:10 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Stock Sale

I sell two stocks.

I believe the current Stock Value is at least 160.7 (148.6 as at Midnight
on Sunday, minus at most 1 point from activity losses, +13.1 for today's
proposals all passing).  Therefore, each of the stocks I sold above
fetched at least A$152.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:10:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fin: AR-F (2)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, K2 wrote:

>JT wrote:
>> On Wed, 6 May 1998, Mitchell Harding wrote:
>> >>>I hereby call an Auction Them Entities auction on whatever Ackanomic
>> >>>Reserve seat is in the Treasury.  Minimum bid of A$30, just to save
>> >>>time.  :-)
>
>I wanna know what's going on, please explain  ;)

The rule which created these seats (AR-C, AR-P, and AR-F) transferred the
AR-P (I believe) to the treasury.  Alfvaen then called the Auction Them
Entities on it, which I believe my final bid of A$80 won.

Is this clearer?

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to sieze the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:29:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fin: AR-F (2)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, JT wrote:
>
>The rule which created these seats (AR-C, AR-P, and AR-F) transferred the
>AR-P (I believe) to the treasury.  Alfvaen then called the Auction Them
^^^^^

Of course I meant AR-F here.  Sheesh, it's even in the message title and I
still messed it up.. TOOO early in the morning.

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to sieze the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 14:15:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fin: AR-F (2)

JT wrote:

> On Mon, 11 May 1998, K2 wrote:
>
> >JT wrote:
> >> On Wed, 6 May 1998, Mitchell Harding wrote:
> >> >>>I hereby call an Auction Them Entities auction on whatever Ackanomic
> >> >>>Reserve seat is in the Treasury.  Minimum bid of A$30, just to save
> >> >>>time.  :-)
> >
> >I wanna know what's going on, please explain  ;)
>
> The rule which created these seats (AR-C, AR-P, and AR-F) transferred the
> AR-P (I believe) to the treasury.  Alfvaen then called the Auction Them
> Entities on it, which I believe my final bid of A$80 won.

but a political office is untradeable and can't be auctioned.

>
>
> Is this clearer?
>
> --JT
>
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
> [ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
> [ It's hard to sieze the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
> [-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 17:35:27 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fin: AR-F (2)

>There is an optional office known as the Financial Communitie's Member of the
>Ackan Reserve, or AR-F.
>If the rules fail to specify the type of an office, that office is a Political
>Office.
>Nope
	May I suggest that, in light of the same proposal's statement that
the office be tranfered to the treasury, it be taken as an unambiguous
error? Please?

- --
- -Henry Towsner

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 18:00:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Two Stocks Richer

I sell two stocks for cash.

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 21:07:01 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Stock Market News:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect tomorrow:

	Current Value: 161.1
	Positivity Value:131.6
	Activity Value: 30.1

	Change Today +13.9
	Change in Positivity: +12.1
	Change in Activity: +1.8
	Percentage Change: +9.4%

	Activities Today: 11

Market News:
	Both else had enough attacks on if today to almost negate if's
majority on the Executive Board today.  else's attempt to remove if from
the Reserve entirely was only one vote short of the majority needed.  The
attack came after a trio of problems: the failure of the Financial Report
to publish yesterday, the discovery of a missing word in the stock market
reform act (which if hopes to pass off as an unambiguous error) and a new
attack on the ITA.  This was not helped by the delay in the distribution of
the ITA proposal, although that is not truly if's fault.  else said that he
will try again once the AR-F and AR-P are in place.

Reserve News:
	The Ackan Reserve's research division said that it is focusing on
an ITA-compliance proposal, hopeing to have an RFC within a two days of the
distribution of the ITA proposal.

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 22:47:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fin: AR-F (2)

On Mon, 11 May 1998, K2 wrote:

>> The rule which created these seats (AR-C, AR-P, and AR-F) transferred the
>> AR-P (I believe) to the treasury.  Alfvaen then called the Auction Them
>> Entities on it, which I believe my final bid of A$80 won.
>
>but a political office is untradeable and can't be auctioned.

Yes, but that's not *my* fault, that's else...if's :)  I was just bidding
on the (supposedly) valid office :)

- --JT

[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to sieze the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #81
*********************************