Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #77
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest       Thursday, May 7 1998       Volume 03 : Number 077

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 02:53:07 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Stripe

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > > > You know.  I was going to keep this secret, but I happen to have secret
> > > > tapes of our own President and the Fat "Lewinsky" Lady in the back room of
> > > > the Monolith.  I couldn't afford an extra level, but those spy cameras
> > > > paid off handsomely.  If anyone wants one, they're going for the prime
> > > > rate of only A$250 a pop OBO.  A$800 for the originals, Slakko.
> 
> > > I accept the offer from Hubert to trade The Originals, aka Self-Monitoring
> > > Video Film, live from the Monolith for A$800.
> 
> > Very funny.  Ha, ha.  You *still* don't have them, and now you NEVER WILL!
> 
> > Note to Financier: E's kidding.  At least, he better be.  [ In other
> > words, the offer e claimed to accept was never made.  And even if it had
> > been, I'd never have taken those forgeries anyway. ]
> 
> I had no trouble parsing your sentence above, "A$800 for the originals,
> Slakko", as follows:
> 
> "I hereby offer to give the originals to Slakko for A$800."

In which case e was committing the Crime of Illegal Action, as e had no
entity called "The Originals", or even any entity called "Original #1"
etc., so that e was attempting to trade stuff e did not have.

Caped Crusader, punish that evil doer!
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 04:02:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (L'homme a tete de choux)
Subject: Re: Acka: Stripe

> Wow, Alfvaen is getting rich of these things.  I mean, A$ 10 a piece!  it
> just doesn't seem right....  Fortunately, I can help you folks out.  It
> just so happens that I have acquired a tape of the ceremony, which I will
> sell copies of for only A$5 a piece.  Thats right, only A$5!!!  What an
> amazing deal!  Believe me, you'll be kicking yourself if you pass up your
> chance at one of these valuable collector items, so get one today.
> Remember, supplies are limited.

Hmmmmmm..... 

<thinks>If these videotapes aren't governed by the rules....</thinks>

I'm stealing one of Alfvaen's dodgy videotapes, and I don't think there's
anything e can do to stop me.

Pandora

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 08:04:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Fin: PCP purchase

I would like, if I could, to purchase a PartyChessPiece Gess for the
Razor Boomerang Party.  I don't believe I can convert Swingpoints to
defray the cost, so it costs me A$57, if I calculate correctly.

- -Hubert

Fill out your tax form using Roman numerals. Or binary. 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 08:57:25 -0400 (EDT)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Fin: PCP purchase

On Thu, 7 May 1998, Eric Plumb wrote:

> 
> I would like, if I could, to purchase a PartyChessPiece Gess for the
> Razor Boomerang Party.  I don't believe I can convert Swingpoints to
> defray the cost, so it costs me A$57, if I calculate correctly.

You do calculate correctly.
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Year PhD(Pure Maths), CUDipSoc, CUSFS, CUSTS, CURS etc
Acka - President, Web-Harfer, RuneMaker, ChessUmpire, Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 12:41:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Tom Walmsley" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Stripe

> > "I hereby offer to give the originals to Slakko for A$800."
> 
> In which case e was committing the Crime of Illegal Action, as e had no
> entity called "The Originals", or even any entity called "Original #1"
> etc., so that e was attempting to trade stuff e did not have.
> 
> Caped Crusader, punish that evil doer!

Since when has offering being regulated by the rules? I hereby offer to give
Slakko an EBS *spit* for A$100000000.

And that's totally legal, offering isn't regulated.

TGW.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 14:08:43 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Stripe

On Wed, 6 May 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> I had no trouble parsing your sentence above, "A$800 for the originals,
> Slakko", as follows:
> 
> "I hereby offer to give the originals to Slakko for A$800."
> 
 But Slakko's parse is also valid...

 H*bert.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 07 May 1998 21:48:32 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Stock Market News:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect tomorrow:

	Current Value: 144.6
	Positivity Value:116.5
	Activity Value: 28.1

	Change Today -0.5
	Change in Positivity: +0.0
	Change in Activity: -0.5

	Activities Today: 5

Market News:
	The Stock Market fell half a point during a quiet day today.  With
five activities, the Market is unlikely to have one of the several point
booms which usually occur after consecutive losses, so we can expect
several more quiet days ahead.

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #77
*********************************