Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #71
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest        Friday, May 1 1998        Volume 03 : Number 071

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 04:51:21 -0400 (EDT)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TRBBTTDDM,R

Its been three days, so the construction of  The Really Big Blue Thing
That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really has been completed. I am initiating a
public auction of this priceless item. Minimum Bid A$ 0.

K2 wrote:

> As Archaeologist I am going to start building a The Really Big Blue
> Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really. It will be complete in 3 days.
>
> K 2

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 04:59:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: TRBBTTDDM,R

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, K2 wrote:

> Its been three days, so the construction of  The Really Big Blue Thing
> That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really has been completed. I am initiating a
> public auction of this priceless item. Minimum Bid A$ 0.

Well, I bid A$1.

- -Hubert

The mome rath isn't born that could outgrabe me. 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 05:04:04 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jonathan David Amery <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Scroll of Crumble Auction.

 If it is still going on I bid A$50 for the Scroll of Crumble.
 Unless that is too small in which case I bid the smallest bid I can make
for it.

 H*bert, who can't find any record of it...  Where's it gone...?

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 05:34:58 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (L'homme a tete de choux)
Subject: Re: Acka: TRBBTTDDM,R

>Its been three days, so the construction of  The Really Big Blue Thing
>That Doesn't Do Too Much, Really has been completed. I am initiating a
>public auction of this priceless item. Minimum Bid A$ 0.

Since I'm not sure if a bid of A$ 0 would be valid,
I bid A$ 1 for The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much Really.

Pandora

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 05:35:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (L'homme a tete de choux)
Subject: Acka: Huberted

I bid A$ 10 for The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much Really.

Pandora

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 05:54:00 -0400 (EDT)
From: Eric Plumb <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Huberted

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, L'homme a tete de choux wrote:

> I bid A$ 10 for The Really Big Blue Thing That Doesn't Do Too Much Really.

Fine then.  I bid A$11.

- -Hubert

The mome rath isn't born that could outgrabe me. 

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 06:24:56 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (L'homme a tete de choux)
Subject: Acka: The Really Big Etc.

>Fine then.  I bid A$11.

In that case I bid A$ 111.

Pandora

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 10:54:42 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Scroll of Crumble Auction.

>  If it is still going on I bid A$50 for the Scroll of Crumble.
>  Unless that is too small in which case I bid the smallest bid I can make
> for it.
> 
>  H*bert, who can't find any record of it...  Where's it gone...?

This bid would have been in time, but the high bid in the auction was
already A$55 by JT, who wins the auction that ended within the last hour.

I am beginning the building of a new Scroll of Crumble, since there is
apparently still interest.  It will be completed in 3 days.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 11:00:18 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Scroll of Crumble Auction.

> If it is still going on I bid A$50 for the Scroll of Crumble.
> Unless that is too small in which case I bid the smallest bid I can make
>for it.
>
Well, on the 29th of Apr, I bid A$ 55 on it, I'm not sure if his bid of
'the smallest bid I can make is legal', but if it is, I then proceed
to bid A$70 which is larger than that smallest bid :)

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 11:09:16 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Joseph W. DeVincentis" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Scroll of Crumble Auction.

> > If it is still going on I bid A$50 for the Scroll of Crumble.
> > Unless that is too small in which case I bid the smallest bid I can make
> >for it.
> >
> Well, on the 29th of Apr, I bid A$ 55 on it, I'm not sure if his bid of
> 'the smallest bid I can make is legal', but if it is, I then proceed
> to bid A$70 which is larger than that smallest bid :)

In any case, the auction is already over before this bid.  The auction lasts
3 days or until 3 hours after the last bid, whichever is later, and both of
those were satisfied before you bid this, regardless whether or not H*bert's
bid is valid.

I know we have decided this sort of thing in CFJs before, but I am too busy
to look it up now, work awaits.

/dev/joe

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 11:21:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: JT Traub <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Scroll of Crumble Auction.

>> Well, on the 29th of Apr, I bid A$ 55 on it, I'm not sure if his bid of
>> 'the smallest bid I can make is legal', but if it is, I then proceed
>> to bid A$70 which is larger than that smallest bid :)
>
>In any case, the auction is already over before this bid.  The auction lasts
>3 days or until 3 hours after the last bid, whichever is later, and both of
>those were satisfied before you bid this, regardless whether or not H*bert's
>bid is valid.
>
>I know we have decided this sort of thing in CFJs before, but I am too busy
>to look it up now, work awaits.

I just wasn't sure of the exact time on when the auction was over or if
he'd gotten in before then (my link died for about 12 hours last night
and I was quickly catching up on mail).

Thanks for clearing it up.

- --JT

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 23:02:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Daily News:
	else took the ARFR's failure to publish yesterday as an opportunity
to regain lost ground.  The Reserve return control of the paper to him
after a bitter fight on the Executive Board.  On the first day of his newly
enhanced power, the market jumped almost twenty points, breaking one
hundred and 25.

Stock Market Information:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect tomorrow:

	Current Value: 125.8
	Positivity Value:96.6
	Activity Value: 28.5

	Change Today +18.8
	Change in Positivity: +18.1
	Change in Activity: +0.7

	Activities Today: 12

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 01 May 1998 23:03:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Where's my money? Where are my shares?

> > Now I've got the stocks, a trinket worth A$163 and almost A$400.
> > You don't need to correct it if you don't want to; I like it a lot...
> > :-)

> In clear text, I wanted to express that I think someone forgot to take
> the money needed off my account... :-)

Another entitylog typo.  I just forget to put "A$" on the line when you
created the Trinket.  I must have been doing too much pointlog that night.
:-)

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--They Might Be Giants:Then
Current Book--Dick Francis:Hot Money
Your email has been returned due to insufficient voltage.

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #71
*********************************