Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #43
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest      Thursday, April 2 1998      Volume 03 : Number 043

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 00:47:42 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Acka: Auction Them Entities

I am calling an Auction Them Entities auction for the Evil Ballot
Stuffer which is in the Treasury.  (Quite independent of whether or
not the Gadgets previously owned by Player-Sanctioned Organizations
are there or not...)

This is a Public auction, and I'm going to set the initial bid at
A$10.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Steve Winwood
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
She wants to see you again, twisting in the wind.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 01:01:47 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Micah Smukler)
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Them Entities

>I am calling an Auction Them Entities auction for the Evil Ballot
>Stuffer which is in the Treasury.  (Quite independent of whether or
>not the Gadgets previously owned by Player-Sanctioned Organizations
>are there or not...)
>
>This is a Public auction, and I'm going to set the initial bid at
>A$10.
>
>
>--
>--Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
>Current Album--Steve Winwood
>Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
>She wants to see you again, twisting in the wind.

I bid A$30.

AtP

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 03:17:05 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: New Auction

I create Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice from my Right-Handed Grapefruit.

I am announcing an Auction for the Right-Handed Grapefruit Juice currently
in my possession.  Minimum bid: A$5.

Yours,
Slakko
Chief Cheese
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 04:57:29 -0500 (EST)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Buying Land

I would like to buy land square F1 for 50 A$. Is this allowed?

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 05:01:21 -0500 (EST)
From: "Ian K." <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Auction Them Entities

> I am calling an Auction Them Entities auction for the Evil Ballot
> Stuffer which is in the Treasury.  (Quite independent of whether or
> not the Gadgets previously owned by Player-Sanctioned Organizations
> are there or not...)

I would like to bid 60 A$ for the Evil Ballot Stuffer.

Koxvolio

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 09:49:39 -0500 (EST)
From: K2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: New Auction

I bid A$ 5 on Slakko's RGJ.

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 10:06:08 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Buying Land

> I would like to buy land square F1 for 50 A$. Is this allowed?

Unless someone else owns it or has built there, sure.  So I think it
happened.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Golden Palominos:(Kind of)True
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
yip! yip! yip! yap! yap! yip! *BANG* -- NO TERRIER

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 15:38:10 -0500 (EST)
From: Hubert <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Land purchase

On Thu, 2 Apr 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> Actually, while I'm at it, it wouldn't hurt for me to get a second kaa.
> I purchase the kaa of land at K1, nicely adjacent to my house.  Maybe I
> can grow some vegetables there, maybe have a pumpkin patch.  I purchase
> the land for A$50.

Never one to miss out on a valid bandwagon, I purchase the kaa at G3 for
A$50, apologizing to Mowgli while I'm at it.

- -Hubert

Sex on television can't hurt you unless you fall off. 

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 16:31:35 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

>I am selling all of my stocks.  However, I believe the activity index
>reported here is in error.  It should rise by 1/normality each time an
>activity occurs.  Several proposals were distributed after the passage of
>2799, and each of these is an activity, so this should result in a rise in
>the activity index.
	I'd forgotten that distributing proposals counted.  I honestly
don't know, but a CFJ would take a long time, and leave us with a thread
split until it's decided.  Does anyone else know?

- --
- -Henry Towsner, AKA else...if, The Fearless Alibi Posesser, Laefu, and Yilran

	<[email-masked]>

	Success is the child of audacity.
		-Benjamin Disraeli

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 02 Apr 1998 22:01:56 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Daily News:
	There is some debate as to whether yesterday's activites affected
the stock market, and if so, by how much.  Says else...if, "For the sake of
convenience and avoiding a thread split, I request that we all just
collectively ignore the discrepancy for two weeks, until it goes away.
It's easier, it doesn't hurt anything, and we'll all remain sane."  In
other news, Guy Fawkes, one of the Stock Market's largest investors, sold
all his shares.  Says an analyst at Shell#10 Mutual Funds, "I'm not sure I
blame him.  The activity value  is stacked against us; I think it's likely
to plumit down to zero."  However else...if states that, "I'm working on
the zero problem, and intend to propose something which will prevent values
from falling too low.  In addition, my analysis indicates that the activity
value will rise over time."

Rules and Regulations:
	The Board of the Ackan Reserve is discussing several new proposals.
The first would slow the rate of a falling value once it fell below 2, and
stop it totally once it fell below 1.  This would cause perpetually falling
values to hover up and down within that region.  The second proposal would
give the Chair of the Ackan Reserve the power to adjust stock market values
in a manner similar to a CSR.  By issuing a revaluation request, the Chair
could, for example, round an awkward value, or clear up an ambiguity like
today's.  Says the preliminary report, "The proposal would likely create
two kinds of revaluations.  The first would allow only one per week, would
happen instantaneously, and would allow a change of no more than 0.1
points.  This would be used primarily for rounding.  The second would not
take affect for three days after it is proposed, and two objections would
prevent it from happening.  This would be used, for example, to clear up
the current ambiguity over the activity value."  As always, the board
welcomes the input of all players.

Stock Market Information:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect at the beginning of April 3 will be: (Note:  From here on, all dates
will actually refer to 12 minutes after that day begins, to synchronize
with the loss of points by the activity value)

	Current Value: 37.15
	Positivity Value: 31.7
	Activity Value: 5.45

	Change Today: +0.6
	Change in Positivity: +1.0
	Change in Activity: -0.4
	Percent Change: +1.6%

	Activities Today: 9

Note: This message is equipped with a Temporal Parachute from Elsifian
EnterPrizes.
	Elsifian EnterPrizes is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell#10.

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #43
*********************************