Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #39
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest       Sunday, March 29 1998       Volume 03 : Number 039

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 12:03:26 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Otzma

I give 1 Otzma Card Go Fish and an A$ to RexBank.

I start a public auction on my Otzma Card Truthseeker. Minimum bid is 5A$.

I read the next page of my Spell Book of Chorg, which disappears with the
sound of someone shouting "SPAM!" very loudly indeed.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:29:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Otzma

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Gavin M. Doig wrote:

> I give 1 Otzma Card Go Fish and an A$ to RexBank.
> 
> I start a public auction on my Otzma Card Truthseeker. Minimum bid is 5A$.

You have no OC Truthseeker - you auctioned it last month, and rufus was
the lucky bidder.

Yours,
Slakko
RuneMaker
who should know this :-)
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:43:33 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: Otzma

> I start a public auction on my Otzma Card Truthseeker. Minimum bid is 5A$.

I'll bit A$5 for it.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Kate Bush:The Whole Story
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
"The fairy rings have not made/their entrance/yet."--Marg

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:49:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Otzma

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > I start a public auction on my Otzma Card Truthseeker. Minimum bid is 5A$.
> 
> I'll bit A$5 for it.

Like I said, this auction is void as Rex already auctioned off his
Truthseeker.

Yours,
Slakko
RuneMaker
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:49:40 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: Otzma

> > I start a public auction on my Otzma Card Truthseeker. Minimum bid is 5A$.

> You have no OC Truthseeker - you auctioned it last month, and rufus was
> the lucky bidder.

Actually, the messages I saw had Hubert(then known as Slagothor)bidding
A$20 on it, but no official announcement was ever made by Rex Mundi...
Perhaps Rex, not having transferred the card can Auction it again!  Of
course, unless e gets another one e'll end up in Contempt or something
for having to give one to each of two bidders...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Kate Bush:The Whole Story
Current Book--Jo Clayton:Quester's Endgame
It's so fresh, you'll sue it for sexual harassment!

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 13:54:28 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: Otzma

On Sun, 29 Mar 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > > I start a public auction on my Otzma Card Truthseeker. Minimum bid is 5A$.
> 
> > You have no OC Truthseeker - you auctioned it last month, and rufus was
> > the lucky bidder.
> 
> Actually, the messages I saw had Hubert(then known as Slagothor)bidding
> A$20 on it, but no official announcement was ever made by Rex Mundi...
> Perhaps Rex, not having transferred the card can Auction it again!  Of
> course, unless e gets another one e'll end up in Contempt or something
> for having to give one to each of two bidders...

Rule 516 says:

6c) Let N be the quantity of items up for Auction. The players who made
the N highest qualified bids shall each receive an item in exchange for
the amount of A$ they bid. 

It says nothing about the Auctioneer having to announce said result, or
about the Auctioneer explicitly having to ack any such transfers.  As far
as I can tell, the transfers are automatic once the Auction has been
completed.  This is true both of the money and the items bid for.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 29 Mar 1998 21:53:33 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Daily News:
	Although the past two days have been almost silent for the Stock
Market itself, the Ackan Reserve has announced a number of changes.  The
Ackan Reserve Financial Report will be given more independance and funding,
not neccessarily in that order.  It immediately began by hireing away a
subeditor at the Independant Ackan to be its new head.  It then created an
entirely new Committee for Blame Reallocation, consisting of a number of
members of the old CBR and its supervising committees, plus various other
people, mostly incompetents hired away from other papers at extraordinary
expense.

Rules and Regulations:
	The new Committee for Blame Reallocation has determined that
yesterday's issue was mislaid by the Ackanomic Printing Guild.  According
to its report, "One of the typewriters had a faulty 'e', causing our entire
issue to be misprinted.  The Ackan Reserve Printing Division, the division
responsible for printing the Financial Report, considers this unacceptable,
and we on the CBR strongly recommend that a replacement printer be found."

/----------------------------------------------------\
|                Printer Wanter                      |
|              Government Funded                     |
|          Able to pay exorbitant rates              |
|           Not interested in quality                |
\----------------------------------------------------/

Stock Market Information:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect at the beginning of March 30 will be:

	Current Value: 28.0
	Positivity Value: 21.9
	Activity Value: 6.1

	Change Today: +0.0
	Change in Positivity: +0.0
	Change in Activity: FROZEN
	Percent Change: +0.0%

Note: This message is equipped with a Temporal Parachute from Elsifian
EnterPrizes.
	Elsifian EnterPrizes is a wholly owned subsidiary of Shell#10

Temporarily printed by Shell#10 Printing: A$1000/word

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #39
*********************************