Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #20
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest       Sunday, March 8 1998       Volume 03 : Number 020

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 00:25:13 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: stock sale

I sell all of my stocks.

hibert

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 12:32:22 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: acka: stock sale

> I sell all of my stocks.

Unless I'm mistaken, these shares were bought at 19.5, and are being
sold at 20.2, and since rounding is always "to the player's disadvantage",
Hibert made no profit here at all.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Etienne Daho:Sortir Ce Soir
Current Book--Robert Charles Wilson:The Harvest
For only $49, jolly housewives made "inexpensive" meals using quick-frozen vegetables.

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 15:29:36 -0500 (EST)
From: Robert Shimmin <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: acka: stock sale

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> > I sell all of my stocks.
> 
> Unless I'm mistaken, these shares were bought at 19.5, and are being
> sold at 20.2, and since rounding is always "to the player's disadvantage",
> Hibert made no profit here at all.

My interpretation of the Rules is that Rule 500 causes all fractional
prices to be rounded to the next highest integer, regardless of what Rule
530, lacking the appropriate precedent language, says.  In this light,
19.5 rounds up to 20, and 20.2 rounds up to 21.

Guy Fawkes

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 19:53:41 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

Daily News:
	The Ackanomic Stock Market continued its climb today, increasing
more than twelve percent.  A number of investors, including else...if, the
chair of the Ackan Reserve, sold before today's rise, and it is unclear
whether they made any profit at all.  Unlike yesterday's increase, which
came mostly from the positivity value, today's came predominately from the
activity value.  else...if cautions investors not to become overly
optimistic, "Frankly, I expect that the stock market value will fall again
within the next few days.  I would not recommend purchasing stock for a few
days."

Rules and Regulations:
	A freeze has been proposed on the activity value of the stock
market.  else...if supports it "tenatively," agreeing with the proposer
that it is a temporary measure until a permanent one is selected.  The
Ackan Reserve has narrowed the field down to three choices for the
replacement to the activity value: hearing results, CFJ judgement, stock
purchase and sale.  The Ackan Reserve hopes to recieve feedback from the
rest of Acka before proposing the change.

Stock Market Information:

Assuming no futher announcements today, the following information will take
affect at the beginning of March 9 will be:

	Current Value: 22.7
	Positivity Value: 13.8
	Activity Value: 8.9

	Change Today: +2.5
	Change in Positivity: +0.9
	Change in Activity: +1.6
	Percent Change: +12.4%

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 20:20:46 -0500 (EST)
From: "Gavin M. Doig" <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: Oztma auction

I am calling a public auction on my Otzma Card Map Shard. Minimum bid is 20
A$.

I am calling a public auction on my Otzma Card Truthseeker. Minimum bid is 20
A$.

I am giving 68 A$ to RexBank.

Rex Mundi.

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #20
*********************************