Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #18
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest       Friday, March 6 1998       Volume 03 : Number 018

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:41:41 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Auction Them Entities [C]

> I bid A$23 on [The Scroll of Crumble].

This was the highest valid bid, so it goes to Hubert.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Song In My Head--Gypsy:Everything's Coming Up Roses
Current Book--Zane Grey:Nevada
Love is blind, deaf, and walks with a limp.

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 12:12:16 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Share Purchase

I purchase 20 shares.

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 16:32:53 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Share Purchase

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, Duncan Richer wrote:

> I purchase 20 shares.

If I currently possess no stocks, then I purchase 19 stocks.
If I currently possess 20 stocks, I sell 1 stock.

Yours,
Slakko
Avoiding a thread split on this by restoring equity in all threads

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" Web-Harfer RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 23:32:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

	The Ackanomic Stock Market experienced its largest drop ever today,
which most experts attribute to the lack of recent information about
proposals.  else...if, chair of the Ackan Reserve, responded today to
charges of insider trading raised yesterday by Slakko of the Independant
Ackan.  Said else...if, "The charges are rediculous.  I have no influence
or advance knowledge of the movements of the stock market, and the people
of Acka know it.  My recent purchase of shares has no relation whatsoever
to the other recent purchases, other than a general optimism about the
future of the stock exchange."  However the Undersecretary for Positivity
readjustments, who asked to remain anonymous, said that, "He [else...if]
was just here the other day, and was very insistant about knowing what was
going on...he requisitioned a number of confidential documents relating to
future expectations for the positivity value...I'm not saying he used them
for his own gain, but I can't imagine why else he'd need them.
	In other news, Guy Fawkes, the largest stock holder, expressed a
number of concerns with the structure of the current stock market, although
he did
have a general belief in the concept.  In particular he suggested that the
activity value was subject to manipulation.  /dev/joe has proposed a method
of delaying purchases to reduce any advantage due to time zone, which
else...if has enthusiasticly supported, and is likely to be implemented
shortly.  else...if has also promised to seek a repair for the problems
with the activity value, "either a partial fix to make it harder to
manipulate, or replacing it with a different value."  He said that he is
also investigating the possibility of requesting broader powers to freeze
or adjust stock market values to prevent scams, although "such powers would
have to be clearly regulated."

Stock Market Information:
	Current Value: 19.2
	Positivity Value: 10
	Activity Value: 9.2

	Change Today: -0.3
	Change in Positivity: 0
	Change in Activity: -0.3

	Total Purchases: 79 or 80
	Total Sales: 0 or 1

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 23:42:09 -0500 (EST)
From: Towsner <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Ackan Reserve Financial Report

The following information was erroneously sent, here are the corrected
versions:
	Current Value: 16.7
	Positivity Value: 10
	Activity Value: 6.7

	Change Today: -2.8
	Change in Positivity: 0
	Change in Activity: -2.8

- --
The Ackan Reserve Financial Report
Published by the board of the Ackan Reserve
Coming daily since 1998

	else...if

		ELSE...IF

	Chair, Ackan Reserve

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 23:52:14 -0500 (EST)
From: David Scheidt <[email-masked]>
Subject: acka: share purchase

I should like  to buy 20 shares in the Acka stock exchange

hibert.

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #18
*********************************