Subject: acka-finance-digest V3 #13
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest     Sunday, February 22 1998     Volume 03 : Number 013

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 03:12:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: That Otzma Card

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998, Aaron V. Humphrey wrote:

> 
> So what happened to that Otzma Card Fix My Gadget?  Assuming it was in
> the Treasury (as I think I have convincing evidence for), and I bought
> it for A$10, what happened when the auction ended without anyone having
> bid for it?  I think I'd still have it, but I can see the case either
> way.  It may get destroyed after I bought it or something.

From "Auction":

6c) Let N be the quantity of items up for Auction. The players who made
the N highest qualified bids shall each receive an item in exchange for
the amount of A$ they bid. If the number of players who made qualified
bids is less than N, then the Auctioneer shall receive all the the
remaining items, if the minimum bid was A$0. If it was not A$0, then the
remaining item(s) shall revert to the player initiating the auction. If,
instead, they were unowned when the Auction was initiated, they are
destroyed.

So it gets transferred to me, the Auctioneer, for free!  The unowned bit
only applies when the minimum bid is positive (at least that is how I
read the passage).

Yours,
Slakko
- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko (Lost) Warner - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/ - Queens' College
Cambridge, 1st Yr PhD(PMa) - .Nomic Elector, Frgn Minister, HP(Morpork)
Acka - President "Gumball" RuneMaker ChessUmpire Map-Harfer

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 1998 15:16:14 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: That Otzma Card

> So it gets transferred to me, the Auctioneer, for free!  The unowned bit
> only applies when the minimum bid is positive (at least that is how I
> read the passage).

You're right.  Ah, well, still, it was fun.  :-)  I should've bid, though.
I meant to, but cut it too close.  I didn't want to bid too early in case
anyone else realized there really was an Auction going on.

- --
- --Veal Fan(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Leo Kottke:Ice Water
Current Book--Katie Waitman:The Merro Tree
I've fallen out the window of opportunity

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V3 #13
*********************************