Subject: acka-finance-digest V2 #31
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest     Saturday, January 31 1998     Volume 02 : Number 031

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 13:39:20 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Trinket Creation

Just for the hell of it, I think I'll do some trinket creation today.

I create 4 trinkets, in sequence.  Each of these trinkets is worth A$50.
Their names and descriptions follow:

Trinket 1 is called "A Handy Bag of Money".  It's description is: "It is a
leather pouch in which are contained 50 gold coins.  On further
examination, the gold is simply a facade, and the removal of the cover
of each coin reveals a single Ackadollar.  Handy for concealing your
currency in places where Ackadollars are not accepted."

Trinket 2 is called "What a Nice Diamond".  It's description is "This
handy little gem is an easily liquid asset.  Most jewellers would pay a
good 50 Ackabucks to get their hands on it.  It has a good colour, the
traditional brilliant cut, and is entirely free of imperfections.  Only
its small size determines its relatively modest price."

Trinket 3 is called "Winning Betting Slip".  It's description is
"At Talaq at 10/1 for the Melbourne Cup - A$5 on the nose.  The slip is a
bit old, but its still valid, provided you can find the bookie who wrote
it for you."

Trinket 4 is called "Pointless 50 Dollar Value Trinket".  It's description
is: "A big block of lucite, valued at 1 ackadollar, in which are embedded
49 Ackadollars.  It looks like a good way to prevent theft, because
no-one's going to be able to lift the damn thing out of my house.  I hope
I can find a decent electric drill by the time I get around to needing
this money."

Yours,
Slakko
having fun with trinkets because the mail volume today is so low.

 -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Acka - RuneMaker, Chess-Umpire, Map-Harfer, Senator, Wearing Agenda Hat

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 1998 09:22:03 -1100
From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Butler Auction

I bid A$12

David Scheidt wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jan 1998 [email-masked] wrote:
>
> > The Gingham Wearer wrote:
> > >
> > > > I have finished my Archaeological construction of the Butler.  I
> > > > would like to announce a public auction, minimum bid A$1, for the
> > > > new Butler.
> > > >
> > > > I will start off the bidding at A$2.
> > >
> > > Why not? I bid A$3.
> > >
> > > The Gingham Wearer.
> > A$5 hovver 2300
> I bid A$10.
>
> rufus
>
> >

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V2 #31
*********************************