Subject: acka-finance-digest V2 #26
From: [email-masked] (acka-finance-digest)
To: [email-masked]

acka-finance-digest     Saturday, January 24 1998     Volume 02 : Number 026

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 09:38:53 +0000 ()
From: Duncan Richer <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: Actions

I convert my trinket "Souvenir of Anti-Science-Fiction-Show-Alienology"
into A$.

I pay A$10 to the Financier to instigate an Auction Them Entities hearing
on the kaa of land known as Murphy's House currently owned by the
Treasury.

Yours,
Slakko

- -- 
Duncan C. "" Richer aka
Slakko the Really Lost Warner Brother - http://dcr24.quns.cam.ac.uk/
Queens' College -- PhD, Pure Maths, Graph Theory -- Cambridge University
Ackanomic - RuneMaker - Chess-Umpire - Map-Harfer - Senator - Swinger

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 19:58:45 +0000
From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Actions

> I convert my trinket "Souvenir of Anti-Science-Fiction-Show-Alienology"
> into A$.
> 
> I pay A$10 to the Financier to instigate an Auction Them Entities hearing
> on the kaa of land known as Murphy's House currently owned by the
> Treasury.
> 
> Yours,
> Slakko

Bizarre! I haven't been on the Acka-finance mailing list for months, 
yet this somehow got sent to me. Is majordomo going through some sort 
of crisis breadbox?

Good to be reminded of Acka's existence tho :-)

Cheers y'all

Bascule
(cc me with any replies)

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:08:13 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Actions

> I convert my trinket "Souvenir of Anti-Science-Fiction-Show-Alienology"
> into A$.

> I pay A$10 to the Financier to instigate an Auction Them Entities hearing
> on the kaa of land known as Murphy's House currently owned by the
> Treasury.

Hmmm.  Is land in the Treasury?  I'm not entirely sure whether it is or not;
for one thing, how many kaas of land are in the Treasury?  The Rules set no
limit on how much land can be purchased, so are there are infinite number of
kaas in the Treasury?  As many as the Map-Harfer arbitrarily decides are
unclaimed on the Map?

No, wait, I see, the Proposal "Murphy's Law" transferred it to the
Treasury.  Okay, then.

I hereby start a Public Auction for the kaa of land with Murphy's House
on it.  I'm not sure if Rule 520 would allow me to specify a minimum bid
above A$0, but I'll just start it with A$0 right now.

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Moll Flanders Soundtrack
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
Sometimes, no matter what your religion, you have to say oy vey.

------------------------------

Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 20:54:01 -0700 (MST)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron V. Humphrey)
Subject: Re: Acka: Actions

> I hereby start a Public Auction for the kaa of land with Murphy's House
> on it.  I'm not sure if Rule 520 would allow me to specify a minimum bid
> above A$0, but I'll just start it with A$0 right now.

I guess I'll bid A$10 on this kaa of land myself, just to start things
off...

- --
- --Alfvaen(Web page: http://www.telusplanet.net/public/alfvaen/ )
Current Album--Don Henley:I Can't Stand Still
Current Book--Tanith Lee:Dark Dance
A depth-first search may provide unusual rewards.

------------------------------

End of acka-finance-digest V2 #26
*********************************