Subject: acka-duels Digest V4 #32
From: [email-masked]
To: acka-duels digest users <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 00:00:07 -0400 (EDT)

acka-duels Digest	Friday, September 17 1999	Volume: 04  Issue: 032

----------------------------------------------------------------------

From: K 2 <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: YORL - kicking EA!P!'s butt.
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 12:42:41 -0400 (EDT)

and ithica was foremost in our minds as we sailed the endless blue but
we were not to return to ithica for although at first our hearts were
filled with thanks within the week the whine of demand had replaced the
praise upon our lips and in anger the gods turned upon us and set the
sea against us and terrible was its wrath as it sent wave after vengeful
wave smashing into our ship casting men into the sea like broken dolls
and even as i raised my voice to marshall the men to battle the storm I
was struck by a wave of salty fury and thrown into the cold embrace of
the enraged sea where i fought an eternity for survival yet only an hour
as other men would measure time and as my hope of survival dwindled i
was vomited upon a shore and lay there gasping thankful to be alive
looking up i saw upon that welcome shore where the raging sea met the
land a beast of such grace and beauty its coat pure white with a golden
horn adorning its forehead and struggling against the demons of
exhaustion i rose from my prone position and stumbled towards the vision
following where it led until we reached a glade where at last i fell
into a deep slumber

I play unicorn.

K 2

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Yorl Duel (K2 v EA!P!) (K2's turn)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:07:07 -0400 (EDT)

K 2's play of 'unicorn' is accepted and becomes a loose end.

[NOTE: I would ask K 2 to give EAP a suitable (1 or 2 day) time to
interrupt before making another play.  I'm going to try and judge plays
or interrupts immediately upon receipt, but abusing my good nature by
trying to speed-play would annoy me and cause me to just start waiting
longer, so don't do it.]

[Second NOTE: This was about as far from actually naming the card in the
story that I will allow, and I'm only allowing it because when I read the
entry I knew what the described object was before seeing the card that was
played.]

Cards in Deck: 74
Burnt Cards  : 2

   |Turn| Name                 | Cards| Ales
---+---------------------------+------------
1. |    | Emperor Ai! Pedrito! |  7   |  0
2. | X  | K 2                  |  6   |  0

Loose Ends: unicorn

--JT, Barkeep

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

From: Emperor Ai!Pedrito! <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: YORL - kicking EA!P!'s butt.
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 19:05:34 -0400 (EDT)

At 12:42 PM 9/17/99 -0400, you wrote:
>and ithica was foremost in our minds as we sailed the endless blue but
>we were not to return to ithica for although at first our hearts were
>filled with thanks within the week the whine of demand had replaced the
>praise upon our lips and in anger the gods turned upon us and set the
>sea against us and terrible was its wrath as it sent wave after vengeful
>wave smashing into our ship casting men into the sea like broken dolls
>and even as i raised my voice to marshall the men to battle the storm I
>was struck by a wave of salty fury and thrown into the cold embrace of
>the enraged sea where i fought an eternity for survival yet only an hour
>as other men would measure time and as my hope of survival dwindled i
>was vomited upon a shore and lay there gasping thankful to be alive
>looking up i saw upon that welcome shore where the raging sea met the
>land a beast of such grace and beauty its coat pure white with a golden
*                                                                 ^^^^

I interrupt with gold

------------------------------

From: JT <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Yorl Duel (K2 v EA!P!) (EA!P!'s turn)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 19:33:59 -0400 (EDT)

EA!P!'s interrupt of 'gold' is accepted and burnt.
K 2 is dealt a card.
It becomes EA!P!'s turn.

Cards in Deck: 73
Burnt Cards  : 3

   |Turn| Name                 | Cards| Ales
---+---------------------------+------------
1. | X  | Emperor Ai! Pedrito! |  6   |  0
2. |    | K 2                  |  7   |  0

Loose Ends: unicorn

--JT, Barkeep

-- 
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]
[ Practice random kindness and senseless acts of beauty.                  ]
[ It's hard to seize the day when you must first grapple with the morning ]
[-------------------------------------------------------------------------]

------------------------------

End of acka-duels Digest V4 #32
*******************************