Subject: Ackanomic Discussion Digest V2 #13
From: [email-masked] (Ackanomic Discussion Digest)
To: acka-discuss-digest

Ackanomic Discussion Digest  Thursday, March 13 1997  Volume 02 : Number 013

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 02:31:31 -0500
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:Acka:  Renaming my houses 

At 4:34 AM on 3/8/97, Jason Orendorff wrote:

> I am renaming breadbox's House to Mohammed's Spring Gazebo.
> I am renaming Ackers's House to Mohammed's Summer Igloo.
> I am renaming Robert Sevin's House to Mohammed's Autumn Hammock.
> I am renaming Niccolo Flychuck's House to Mohammed's Winter Mosque.
> I am renaming Mohammed's House to the Oasis.
>
> --Mohammed
> (This is governed by Rule 252.)

  I am creating a A$2 trinket called "The Needle's Eye", and giving this
loophole to Mohammed.

- -Red Barn

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 03:54:11 -0500 (EST)
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Acka: Public actions 

It occurs to me that the CSRR currently up for review will not really solve
the problem.  While it will allow for private voting, voting is still a
public action, and as such, if a player unambiguously states how he is voting
in a public forum, it will count as a vote.  This could be a headache for the
tabulator.  I think a proposal ought to be brought forward to fix this
problem... and as Mohammed pointed out the problem to begin with, he ought to
be the one to make the proposal and earn the points.

Oh, it is fortunate that the rule for Organized Crime stipulates that players
join by PRIVATELY mailing the Godfather.... or we'd have a membership crisis
on our hands... instead, our rolls are swelling... and soon we shall have
legalized gambling <grin>

Narf

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 03:11:01 -0500
From: Dan Knapp (A.K.A. TheWiz) <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:Acka: IRC-Stuff 

> I do not think the messages are a bad thing.  They only take a second to
> download, and you can most likely filter them to go straign into your trash
...

  With my 2400-baud modem (yes, I have a 14.4, but hardly ever bother to
set it up on my home machine), it take longer than a second to download,
but I still don't mind them.

> However, if it's objectionable to you perhaps an Acka-announce list of some
> sort would be a good idea...  Another thing I'm working on ais a JAVA
> applet that lets you you do a who *.* query to the IRC server without
> logging on.  In theory it would be automatic, so as you log into the main
> Acka IRC page, it would tell you who else is logged on.

  Argh.  I hate Java, mainly because it won't run on my machine :).  A
cgi-bin script, now...  Of course, not everyone has web access, anyway.
(BTW, who doesn't?)

- -Red Barn
My 2 scents

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:39:18 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re:Acka: Renaming my houses

>   I am creating a A$2 trinket called "The Needle's Eye", and giving this
> loophole to Mohammed.
	Thank you.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 06:43:22 -0800 (PST)
From: Brian Raiter <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Renaming my houses

I have submitted my decision on CFJ 352. While I am waiting for the
CotC to distribute it, I am hereby renaming the house belonging to
Mohammed to: "Slum Lord's House".

breadbox

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 08:44:03 -0600 (CST)
From: Jason Orendorff <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Public actions

> It occurs to me that the CSRR currently up for review will not really solve
> the problem.  While it will allow for private voting, voting is still a
> public action, and as such, if a player unambiguously states how he is voting
> in a public forum, it will count as a vote.
	That's always been the case, in my opinion, since a message sent 
publicly is also sent to the Tabulator.  The fix I'm going to propose 
will change that so only privately-sent votes count.  Even in a crisis 
situation, the Tabulator is replaceable enough that I don't think that'll 
be a problem.  If the Tabulator drops off the net, the President can 
announce a holiday, or the players can impeach the Tabulator, etc.

- --Mohammed

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:53:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Matt Miller <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka:  finance

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Jason Orendorff wrote:

> 	Since I'm not subscribed to acka-finance, I'll post this here...
> 

All my efforts to buy 3 PFMohammed have been ignored?!

IB
sulking

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 18:46:17 -0500 (EST)
From: John Frederic Mc Coy <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: Acka: Public Votes 1779-1782

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, mr cwm wrote:

> To:  Ackanomians
> From: mr cwm
> 
> By this message I unambiguously cast the following votes:
> 
> 
> And for the Acrobot:
> 
> #vote 1779 y
> #vote 1780 p
> #vote 1780 y
> #vote 1780 y
> 

Nothing ambiguous about that, no sir. =)

                           -  Vynd

[email-masked]

------------------------------

Date: Wed, 12 Mar 1997 18:48:58 -0600
From: john duncan <[email-masked]>
Subject: Acka: vote P 1779 - 84

My fellow Ackanomians, I cast the following votes:

#vote 1779 n

#vote 1780 p

#vote 1781 n

#vote 1782 n

#vote 1783 y

#vote 1784 p

Lestrade

------------------------------

End of Ackanomic Discussion Digest V2 #13
*****************************************