9/10/98 00:00 PDT
The game has started! Start submitting your propositions. Sumission procedures, as well as voting precdures and dealines are posted in the Minister of Record's Office
9/9/98 19:00 PDT
I put up the final form of the Constitution. Unfortunately, I am indisposed for the rest of the day, so if there are any problems left, we'll have to mend them by the rules.
9/9/98 15:00 PDT
After getting a little lunch, and rereading 205, I changed the last part of 205 (the part about the the lack of someone voting), into a less ambiguous fashion.
9/9/98 14:20 PDT
Fixed a voting bug in 205 which allowed an interpretation that, although you had one vote per proposition, you could distribute the votes however you wanted. 205 also needed the addition of how to deal with a lack of a casted vote(s) by a citizen.
9/9/98 01:00 PDT
The Constitution had a few minor changes:
- Changed 116 to read: "This game of Nomic shall officially be called Simplex."
- Combined the old 213 with 210
- Renamed 214 to 213 to eliminate numbering gap.
- Changed all references to State Minister to Minister of Records
9/8/98 23:57 PDT
My office name has changed once again. I am now the Minister of Records.
9/8/98 17:05 PDT
Constitution was tweaked a little. Nothing really important was done.
9/8/98 02:10 PDT
The Minister of State declares intent to ratify the Constitution at midnight, the morning of September 10, 1998. Therefore, there is less than two days for everyone to put in any extra user feedback. For more information, read the State Minister's official notice.
9/7/98 21:30 PDT
- Fixed Constitution, and added 116, 201,202,213, 214.
- Found a couple more references to law changes that needed to say proposition.
- Found a couple references to player when it should say citizen
- Updated all pages to use Simplex for the game name, and State Minister for the secretarial position. I decided to go with these names since I talked to about four players, and they all seemed to like it. However, I picked a random name for the monetary unit (defined in 214), and am open to suggestions.
- Tweaked 104 a little
9/7/98 19:05 PDT
- From now on, all news will be posted here, so check back frequently. Also, all discussions should take place on the new forums. I'm trying to eliminate e-mail as much as possible.
- I have created a new set of discussion groups to replace large mailings. Now we may discuss issues in a clean, web based manor. At this point, I have two groups: General Discussion, and Proposition Discussion. To check these out, go to the Minister's page.
Proposition Discussion is for the discussion of (you guessed it) propositions, and how they should be changed, etc....
General Discussion is for anything else.
9/7/98 00:44 PDT
- Current suggested names for the Game:
- Current suggested names for the Monetary Unit:
- Current suggested names for the secretarial office:
- Minister of State
- State Minister
- Minister of Records
- Minister of Harf