Dickens, David on 2 May 2002 18:05:51 -0000

RE: [nbo] Vote and Proposal from Jillian

Since I picked on Dan Marsh before... I'll let him adjudicate.

Dan if you would be so kind as to offer judgment on the following (t,f,n):

-------------
Jill's Proposal 2 should be tabled until her first Proposal either passes or
fails and Jill's Proposal 3 should be tabled until her second Proposal
either passes or fails.
-------------

See Tom Ogas' ruling notes from our first judgment and Law 1.3 "Proposal
Definition".

-----Original Message-----
From: JillSorens@aol.com [mailto:JillSorens@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 02, 2002 10:21 AM
To: notbob-official@nomic.net
Subject: [nbo] Vote and Proposal from Jillian

Um yeah I vote AGAINST Marsh.1 and Marsh.2.  And by the way, Mr.
Marsh....read all the rules first. :)  I knew your proposal was invalid
before I even read the judgment.

So I hereby propose a more ethical and unrelated proposal that I believe is
an alright one, I suppose votes will decide eh?

Proposal Sorenson.1
Amend VotingDefinition 2.3 to read:
Players have 2 business days from the date the Proposal was published, with
which to vote on the Proposal;
--------------------------------
The reasoning behind said amendment proposal is that I feel the game would
move even faster if such was the case, while still allowing people time
enough to vote.  I imagine everyone has computers at work, and most at home,
however, since the two business day allowment that would effectively give a
proposal that was published on Friday, not being allowed to be ratified
until Tuesday, thus, 4 days as in the original RuleSet.  However, this
allows for far more proposals to be submitted and ratified within a given
work week.
--------------------

Proposal Sorenson.2
Amend RulesDefinition A2.3 to read:
Rule names and numbers shall not be altered when a Rule is amended.
--------------------
Why? Because typos annoy me (even though I occasionally do them myself) and
I would prefer not to have to see a typo forever on the RuleSet list...as it
is currently written, the Rule says "admended."  Annoying right?
-------------------
Final Proposal for the time being - Proposal Sorenson.3
Amend RulesDefinition A2.6 to read
A Rule may neither penalize or benefit a Player or Players specifically by
name.
Why? Because Marsh wants to play dirty. :)  And I'm a law-abiding citizen.

Well, I hope I did this alright.  It's currently 10:15 AM, Thursday, May 2.

[-- brought to you by notbob-official@nomic.net --]
[- http://ddickens.pepperdine.edu/nomic/ for now -]
[----- please, remember to trim the quotes -------]