Dickens, David on 2 May 2002 14:06:44 -0000

RE: [nbo] Proposal Marsh.1, Marsh.2

I'm afraid I must call for judgment.

Tom Ogas, would you be prepared to answer the following as true, false or
null.

--------------------------------
VotingDefinition (Law 2.3), says, and I quote, "Players have 4 days from the
date the Proposal was Published, with which to Vote on the Proposal;"  which
implies that no proposal can be Ratified until 4 days have passed from it
being Published.

For reference: Rule 2.5, "A Proposal is Ratified, if it receives the
necessary number of For Votes as indicated by the RuleSet within the time
allowed to by the RuleSet;"... Thus I am suggesting that the RuleSet
"allows" 4 days via Law 2.3.

Editorial note:
BTW, the "loophole" to give points is there on purpose so that if the Nomic
wanted to "reward" some nifty player it could, but it couldn't hurt.