Dickens, David on 3 May 2002 21:19:53 -0000

RE: [nbd] DRAFT of a proposal regarding a Nomic Secretary

I'm not against the rule, as long as there's a general understanding that
perusing the modification to three rules is in the works, and not tabled
indefinitely.

I'd still like to know your thinking on the "tom ogas" breaks ties. :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Ogas [mailto:tom_ogas@yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 2:01 PM
To: Nomic Email Discussion
Subject: RE: [nbd] DRAFT of a proposal regarding a Nomic Secretary

We COULD spend 2 weeks making this proposal into 3 rules ... I'd likely get
more points that way by getting lots of harmless proposals passed ... but I
don't think that it's prudent.  We need some means right now to keep track
of votes and points and the like before it gets out of hand.

This proposal creates that office and gives us a simple system to keep
someone doing the job.  Later on we can make a general elections rule, or
make a general rule about office holders.  This puppy can be amended at any
time.  Right now I just want to get this vital task covered.

Complaints seem to be that players /would like/ to see this as three rules,
but are you guys saying that you *will not* vote for it as proposed?

--Tom