Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Proposal: Resolutions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proposal: Resolutions
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 08:34 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Title: Resolutions

Players may propose resolutions. A resolution behaves exactly like a rule, except that it does not become part of the list of rules. Instead, it specifies a change to the game state, or some action which is to be taken. The resolution must be followed as soon as it is passed, and thereafter has no further bearing on the game.

Commentary:
I think this will help us keep the rule set a bit cleaner, and enable quick tweaks that would just complicate things if we had to make rules for them.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 09:06 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, and I'd like to go immediately to voting with this one. Might as well take advantage of this ability before the seconding rule passes.

--------------------

vulture
Member # 20

posted November 02, 2002 02:18 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, missed this. I second it anyway: "Proposal: Rule numbering / Correct rule numbers"
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 02, 2002 05:27 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm confused. What does the quoted part of your post have to do with this proposal?

--------------------

vulture
Member # 20

posted November 02, 2002 05:53 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, that was not very clear ...
I was just amazed putting my thoughts there:
"A proposal shouldn´t automatically result in a rule (if it passes). The last thing that passed (the extra pointes) shouldn´t really be a rule, it should only be done. All passed proposals could be recorded in a history. A reordering of rules shouldn´t really be a rule afterwards."
and looking at the next or so thread I found this one ...

SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 02, 2002 06:46 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah, I see what you're saying. Yeah, those are exactly the sorts of things that motivate this proposal.

I'm just dyin' to get some of this stuff moved forward here. We just need four of us to pass stuff.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage