Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Rule # 108: Contradictions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rule # 108: Contradictions
vulture
Member # 20

posted October 21, 2002 01:47 PM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IŽd like to change this
"When two rules contradict each other the earliest rule will take precedence."
to
"When two rules contradict each other the rule with the smaller number takes precedence."

This seems a bit more flexible. Usually both have the same effect, but the second allows for reordering. (Just the next thing IŽll propose if this passes [Smile] )

IP: Logged
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 08:04 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't see why the rule is like this in the first place -- it makes it really hard to countermand existing rules. I think the newer rule should take precedence, since it represents a more recent consensus.

In any case, I do like the number thing and agree about the flexibility. I second this proposal.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

vulture
Member # 20

posted November 03, 2002 12:25 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IŽd like to take this to the voting forum

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage