Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » We're going to be making a few... changes around here..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: We're going to be making a few... changes around here..
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 15, 2002 06:28 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello,

The game is now entering a revival period and I thought I'd post a bit of what I'll be doing:

1. Updating the website soon to include a bit of Nomic-related content.

2. This is iffy, but I'd like to include some PHP scoring/currency systems to make it easy to update players status.

3. Getting a solid base of around 10-15 players over the next few months. We'll figure out something to delete inactive players during that grace period so we don't end up with the same problem as last time.

Sorry I haven't responded to any of the threads, I've read through them but I've been swamped with school/family/friends lately and I don't have a lot of time. This weekend I'll be devoting a few hours towards the game.

Thanks!
sinblox

IP: Logged
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 16, 2002 10:41 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fantastic -- glad to see my efforts weren't in vain. I did get one person to join -- physics_geek -- so we just need another dozen or so [Smile]

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2002 07:11 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, I've updated the website a little bit and replied to most of the proposals. I'll be recruiting some new players fairly soon and this should put the game back on the road again. In the next couple days I'll figure out the PHP program again and get the rules that have been passed put up on the webpage officially.
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 21, 2002 11:38 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, cool. I'm gonna be away in Russia for the next week but other than that I'm around. It would be good to get as much benefit from the PHP stuff as possible, since having the game come to a halt when you get busy isn't really a good thing. Maybe I can help some with that -- I am a computer scientist and know some PHP.

--------------------

vulture
Member # 20

posted October 21, 2002 12:57 PM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi,
just wanted to say Iīm still alive [Smile]

vulture
Member # 20

posted October 21, 2002 02:12 PM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I didnīt know where this would fit in elsewhere:
The red on gray text is quite hard to read (this is quite important) and it would be nice to have a link from the forum (possibly where itīs red on gray right now [Smile] ) to the current rule set (this is not that important).

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 21, 2002 05:42 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vulture,

I disagree but I've heard the same complain from some other people. I'll put it on my to-do list to fix it. Could you recommend a color?

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 21, 2002 06:46 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, I've put up a few proposals in the voting forum now. I didn't lock the proposals, we can mass lock everything related to the "renovation" when it's agreed upon.

I've got the PHP program running to put up new rules running again and I've added the most recent rule to it.

I accidently deleted one of the posts in the voting forum. It had failed anyway but I clicked the "delete" button and then "yes" again thinking it was the button to lock it. Sorry!

Oh, and if there's anything I missed, post it in here.

I hereby declare this the official thread for discussion of renovations related to Newomic! [Smile]

vulture
Member # 20

posted October 22, 2002 01:05 AM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blue might look good on white and on gray (just guessing a bit). Or let the few links up there have an other color which contrast good with gray. Or change the background color ... hmmm, no real choice I guess [Smile]
Eli
Member # 28

posted October 25, 2002 11:28 AM      Profile for Eli   Author's Homepage   Email Eli   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One more member - I've joined.
vulture
Member # 20

posted October 25, 2002 04:29 PM      Profile for vulture   Email vulture   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi Eli, have fun [Big Grin]
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 08:16 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Welcome Eli and good to see you're still around vulture. The forum colors are quite readable for me but systems vary in how they render things so I say go high-contrast to please as many people as possible.

Maybe we should create a forum for discussion that's not pertinent to any specific proposal.

Could you put up a scoreboard to show how many points everyone has? I want to see all the suckers with -50 points, hehehehehe.

Oh, and the new rule thing doesn't have the date it was added or anything like the other ones do.

--------------------

SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 08:47 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sinblox, I think it would be best to lock threads down when they're finished. Specifically:

* Threads in the voting forum should be locked down as soon as voting is concluded. The free points thread is still unlocked.
* Threads in this forum should be locked down once they've been moved to voting. It's just confusing otherwise.

I really think we need a new forum for general discussion, so that we can lock down proposal threads without cutting short conversations. Or do people think that wouldn't work?

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage