Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Posting in voting forum

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Posting in voting forum
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 14, 2002 07:15 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was thinking... why is the voting forum set up the way it is, so that only the admin can start threads there? It would be more sensible just to make a rule that you can only post there once your proposal is ready to be voted on, and only voting threads can be put there. Create a penalty for violating that rule, and you're set.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2002 07:10 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I think it's just a good way of regulating the game. And if the 48hours and seconding rules are passed then it'll be even better.

SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 21, 2002 11:18 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it creates an inherent unbalance and potential for abuse, at least theoretically. Though I doubt it will become a pressing issue for the present, especially if we pass those other rules like you said. But in the future it may make sense to amend this -- I see no reason why such issues as restructuring the boards should be out of bounds for the game.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage