Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Ammendment to rule 112

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ammendment to rule 112
physics_geek
Member # 27

posted October 13, 2002 04:37 AM      Profile for physics_geek     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Text of rule 112
quote:
To propose a rule a player will post it in the discussion forum. There it can be amended, withdrawn or put for vote. It is the choice of the player who created the rule to put it up for vote.

Once the proposal is ready for vote it will be put in the voting forum by the admin. Players will respond with votes of yes or no in the thread. It will win or lose by the specifications of rule 102.

I want to ammend this rule add a termination condition for voting. When is a vote over? When all active players have voted? Why not after 10 days (max) or when all active players have voted (min).

My ammendment:

[i]Voting is concluded upon satisfaction of one of the following conditions:

1) Every active player has voted
2) The proposal has been in the voting forum for 10 days.

The sucess or failure of the proposal is then determined by rule 102.

IP: Logged
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 13, 2002 07:20 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it should be sufficient that 50.1% or more of the active players have voted "yes" to the proposal.

But you do raise an important point -- we need to be clear about when you can vote and when the vote closes. Otherwise, one could interpret things such that once a proposal has been voted into rule, new people can come and vote no and take it away again.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2002 07:06 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The vote ends when 50.1% of the players vote yes, but I agree that we do need to establish it better.
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 21, 2002 11:05 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah... anyway, I agree with the time limit thing. Got to keep things moving, after all.

--------------------

SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted November 01, 2002 09:01 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
physics, do you want to take it to voting? With or without my modification?

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage