Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Proposed Amendment to Rule 114

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proposed Amendment to Rule 114
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 02:32 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe that the definition of an "Active Player" needs a minor amendment. Sections 4 and 5 of rule 114 currently read:

quote:
(4) An active player becomes an inactive player on any of the following conditions:
(a) The player sends mail to the admin stating that he wishes his state changed to inactive
(b) The player doesn´t post on the forum for more than 10 days
(5) An inactive player becomes an active player by posting on the forum

Note that a player can, under these conditions, just chatter away without actually voting and still be considered active. I propose that a player should have to be active in voting as well, or at least explicitly abstain. The exception would be if there were no proposals available to vote on, or if the player had already placed earlier votes on all open proposals.

If you guys agree then I'll put together a proposal with the actual revised text. But right now we don't even have a way to pass amendments, so we need to do that first!

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged
physics_geek
Member # 27

posted October 13, 2002 04:40 AM      Profile for physics_geek     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree that something needs to be done about the way rules are created. See my ammendment to 112. That would take care of people who talk without voting.
sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2002 07:05 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Agreed. We should change it so that an active player is required to have some sort of action. An action being voting or taking a proposal to vote.
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 21, 2002 11:01 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can move this one to voting whenever. Unless you know of some more players who are joining soon, in which case maybe we should leave some of these open for further discussion if they're not time-critical.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 21, 2002 06:31 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We might as well just leave it open as to not clog up the voting forum too much for now.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage