Newomic forums

my profile | register | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Newomic forums   » Newomic Proposals   » Proposal: Mandatory Deliberation Period

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Proposal: Mandatory Deliberation Period
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 12, 2002 02:26 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Title: Mandatory Deliberation Period

No proposal may be moved to the voting forum sooner than 48 hours after it is first posted to the proposals forum.

--------------------
Rule 101: Everybody love Pupkin.

IP: Logged
physics_geek
Member # 27

posted October 13, 2002 04:47 AM      Profile for physics_geek     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, I don't think this is necessary. If someone wants to move a proposal to a vote without asking anyone then let them do it. The vote will probably fail if they don't ask for input first.
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 13, 2002 07:25 PM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I guess it depends on how the voting is done and all. If your amendment to 112 passes that probably takes care of it alright.

One thing this would do, though, is keep the game from changing *too* quickly. If you have a cascade of new rules necessary to bring about some really radical changes, then you'll have some delay due to having to wait at least 2 days for each step even if you've got a majority behind you.

--------------------

sinblox
Administrator
Member # 5

posted October 20, 2002 07:07 PM      Profile for sinblox     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like this idea, it establishes a clear debate period. Do you want to take it to voting?
SkyCrashesDown
Member # 25

posted October 21, 2002 11:10 AM      Profile for SkyCrashesDown   Author's Homepage   Email SkyCrashesDown   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, please.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Nomic Homepage